oil finish for wooden spoons

DAdams

I've heard olive oil may go rancid after awhile. I know a lot of people avoid using it on cutting boards. I don't have experience with it though. Butcher block or salad bowl oil is used a lot in food grade items. A lot of times you can find them at the grocery store. I also find it at the Big Box home improvement stores in with their other oil finishes.

Yep olive oil does go rancid after awhile..........any oils like that will.......canola, vegetable, etc... I'm not sure what oil you would use. If it's something that is used alot then I would think cooking oils would be fine as long as they were washed frequently and reoiled.....otherwise I don't have a clue. Sorry.

Christina

Deb, I use Butcher Block Oil on all of my wooden utensils and bowls. It will not go rancid like the regular vegetable oil. You will have to touch up your utensils once in a while after washing a few times. Just check with your local Lowes or Home Depot to find out what can be used that is food safe.

http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/fullpres. ... agod_mbL0g