Scroll saw blade trick

Personally, I've never had any problems with the blade slipping, this is something to keep in mind though in case I ever do. Thanks Kevin.

Len

Me either... I consider it a waste of time. If you lose tension, sanding the blade does not fix a problem you have with the clamps.

not to be out of line, Mr. Kevin, but 7 DeWalts? I own 5 saws, & my work horse is a Hawk 220 VS. The next one I use most is a Hitachi CW-40. It has well over 2500 hours on it, & the only thing I've done to it is replace the variable speed switch. The other 3 I have set up for different uses. In my 22 years of scrolling, I've had various issues with blades, but haven't ever had to grind the ends. I have a friend that scrolls during calving season. He has been at 10 years, & is on his 5th DeWalt saw. Tell me, out of curiosity, what is it that fascinates folks about the DeWalt saws? The ones I've seen & been around, To be quite honest, don't hold a candle to the Hawk, or the Hitachi, for that matter. They vibrate, they're noisy, obviously have bad quality parts & equipment. Not to mention the fact that I've not read much of anything good about their customer service worth repeating. My apologies if you get the idea I'm picking on you, Sir, because I'm not at all. I'm just trying to figure out why it is that folks want a saw that gives so many problems. When I sit down to my saw, I'm there to create. To enjoy the time I have at the saw. Not constantly fight the same issues every time I use the saw.

not to be out of line, Mr. Kevin, but 7 DeWalts? I own 5 saws, & my work horse is a Hawk 220 VS. The next one I use most is a Hitachi CW-40. It has well over 2500 hours on it, & the only thing I've done to it is replace the variable speed switch. The other 3 I have set up for different uses. In my 22 years of scrolling, I've had various issues with blades, but haven't ever had to grind the ends. I have a friend that scrolls during calving season. He has been at 10 years, & is on his 5th DeWalt saw. Tell me, out of curiosity, what is it that fascinates folks about the DeWalt saws? The ones I've seen & been around, To be quite honest, don't hold a candle to the Hawk, or the Hitachi, for that matter. They vibrate, they're noisy, obviously have bad quality parts & equipment. Not to mention the fact that I've not read much of anything good about their customer service worth repeating. My apologies if you get the idea I'm picking on you, Sir, because I'm not at all. I'm just trying to figure out why it is that folks want a saw that gives so many problems. When I sit down to my saw, I'm there to create. To enjoy the time I have at the saw. Not constantly fight the same issues every time I use the saw.

From Chinese saws and Dremil ,going to  a Dewalt was night and day.Sure I'd like a better machine but can only afford low priced Dewalts when they come in on craigs list.If my Dewalts are making any noise besides cutting the wood i reach over and nudge the blade tension arm a tad.One thing i like about the Dewalt is staying in tune to the sounds coming from it.That way i can fix the problem before the blade breaks from not enough tension from slippage.I've cut a lot of happy years with inferior saws and had a ball doing it and don't regret a minute of it.I'm at peace with the world scrolling.I'm so happy with the Dewalts i buy them up as i can .Maybe one day I'll get to try a higher end saw but for now I'm happy as a bird with a french fry!

I don't do anything to mine, never had any issue YET! but good idea Kev if your having grip issues. :cool:  Roly

If I made the 100 bird houses Kevin did I'd sure be losing my grip, but as to the blade slipping, I too have an occasional issue and will try Kevin's idea. 

If I made the 100 bird houses Kevin did I'd sure be losing my grip, but as to the blade slipping, I too have an occasional issue and will try Kevin's idea. 

Yes that's the ticket i've laughed at many ideas on ssv till i tryed them.the foot switch was one of them.

Edited by amazingkevin