Just Starting

Ernest_T_Bass

Saw a few scroll saw projects,  I was just amazed and Just had to try it. Just got my new Delta 40-694 yesterday. Really need you guys to help me climb to average. I got the scroll saw work book so now I'm just trying to keep blade on line. Oh, I'm in Los Angeles and a old dude trying to learn new tricks. Everyone here seems positive and very helpful, I'm really hoping to pick up some of your best suggestions, maybe some body could have told me that dropping my new saw from about a four foot height wasn't good thing to do, oh well, I think I only broke my lamp the saw bounced fairly well.

Saw a few scroll saw projects,  I was just amazed and Just had to try it. Just got my new Delta 40-694 yesterday. Really need you guys to help me climb to average. I got the scroll saw work book so now I'm just trying to keep blade on line. Oh, I'm in Los Angeles and a old dude trying to learn new tricks. Everyone here seems positive and very helpful, I'm really hoping to pick up some of your best suggestions, maybe some body could have told me that dropping my new saw from about a four foot height wasn't good thing to do, oh well, I think I only broke my lamp the saw bounced fairly well.

Now that's one I've never tried ,Bouncing scroll saws,There's always a first time for everything.You have the time of your life here in the village ,keep coming back!

Wow have YOU come to the right place! Welcome! You will find people tripping over themselves to help you in any way they can. A GREAT collection of like minded and PATIENT people. ANY question is a good question. No one here will ever make you feel like a "newbie". You'll get some fantastic advice and soon be scolding some fabulous work! Welcome aboard!

Welcome Stanley,Hope your saw is O,K,I had a hard time keeping my blade lined up as well when I first started.You can hold you wood straight with the blade,and make sure you blade is tight enough.I know you will learn this as you go along.Hope to see some of your work soon. :) Glad you didn't get Hurt.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Welcome to the village. My advice would be t o make sure you have the correct blades and remember to let the blade do the cutting. What I mean by that is not to try and force the cut. One thing a lot of new scroller so do is push the material against the side of the blade in an effort to make a turn. One needs to make the blade always go in a straight line by putting the line you are trying to cut right in front. Of the blade. I hope this is not confusin

G

Dick

heppnerguy