A challenge for those who have the software (Inkscape) skills

Iguanadon

Is this even possible is the main question...

See these links of wood puzzles I cut, breeds of dogs with the name of the breed being the puzzle pieces. I do these from existing patterns. What I'd really like to be able to do is offer my customers an option for me to do their pets name instead of the name of the breed.

For example a Jack Russell named Willie. So what I need to be able to do is have the various dog breed body shapes saved, pull up the appropriate shape, type in WILLIE and have it fill in the shape/form in place of JACKRUSSELL

Any guidance would be appreciated... especially if it simply can't be done, just let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Iggy

PS - I've downloaded Inkscape but never used it before, so I'm a total newbie.

Iggy it is not that simple to make one of those type of puzzles.  I have done so but it has been a LONG time ago.  Basically once you have the shape you want you can type in name you want and using the edit tools you get the letters to fit in the shape.  I have some instructions, somewhere.  I will attempt to find them.

DW

Iggy it is not that simple to make one of those type of puzzles.  I have done so but it has been a LONG time ago.  Basically once you have the shape you want you can type in name you want and using the edit tools you get the letters to fit in the shape.  I have some instructions, somewhere.  I will attempt to find them.

DW

Boy i wish you could teach an old dog new tricks,But i can't even fetch anymore so that futile,lol

DW, yeah I can view the video ok, it's Downloading it to my computer that I can't seem to do............I normally d/load a video with Ummy video Downloader....but that's not even available..........I just wish to have it on hand and access it from the internet.................

Merlin........

DW, yeah I can view the video ok, it's Downloading it to my computer that I can't seem to do............I normally d/load a video with Ummy video Downloader....but that's not even available..........I just wish to have it on hand and access it from the internet.................

Merlin........

Merlin here is a free to use utility that will allow you to download that tutorial and many other things.  It has the ability to restart a download in case the download it interrupted for some reason.

http://down5.flashget.com/flashget3.7.0.1220en.exe

DW

DW  the link didn't work for me..but I managed to find it and d/loaded it.....

But it still didn't work.. :cry:  :cry: ..........

So work I'm going to do is spend a little time online and write out the instructions that way I can follow along easier........................

Thanks for the trouble.. to help me..for me an age thing or just.....wellllll

Merlin.............