Standing Miniature Birdhouses - Phase 2

Denny Knappen

I finished the final four patterns of these Standing Miniature Birdhouses.  I used Aromatic Red Cedar for the birdhouses and Yellowheart for the birds.  I used FD Polar #5 & #7 blades and one coat of spray Shellac for the finish.  Thanks to Diana Thompson for the wonderful patterns.  Comments welcome.

post-29198-0-45341500-1466530490_thumb.jpg

post-29198-0-46669400-1466530500_thumb.jpg

post-29198-0-59536400-1466530509_thumb.jpg

post-29198-0-78171600-1466530522_thumb.jpg

I finished the final four patterns of these Standing Miniature Birdhouses.  I used Aromatic Red Cedar for the birdhouses and Yellowheart for the birds.  I used FD Polar #5 & #7 blades and one coat of spray Shellac for the finish.  Thanks to Diana Thompson for the wonderful patterns.  Comments welcome.

Tweety tould tike taying tin tne tf these tomes,tou tid ta tery tice tob tf them,Got my tongue tied looking at these beauts.I well know the amount of work mit takes to produce one,Great job!

Thanks for the photo and story.  I am one of the folks who have bought all the bird house patterns from her site.  Have done one set of the hanging ones.  Am trying to convince my wife to use her old tole painting skills to do them in colors but she like to knit a lot now so it maybe a job to get her to paint.  May offer dinner.

They are without a doubt a lot of fun to make.  I do find the #7 polar blade a bit hard to use and seem to jump for me in the cutting.  Maybe trying to go to fast.

Thanks for the inspiration.

jim

penquin

I have to admit, the first time I saw these little bird houses, in did not care much for them. I understand that everyone has different likes and dislikes. I miss a lot because of my own quick judgements on things. I Have found as time goes along, my mind is finally showing me that I need to take a closer look at things and I am starting to understand how I am restricting only myself when I do that. As I look at your cute bird houses, I understand how wrong I am to be so quick to decide against making something. You have helped me to see my own shortsightedness. I really like your miniature pieces

Dick

heppnerguy

• 2 weeks later...