Blades opinions

joe966

So I have been doing some compound cutting on 1 3\4 x 1 3\4 blocks. I have tried multiple blades. I would like to get everyone's opinion on this.

What do you think is a good blade for this?

I have tried #7 modified geometry with horrible success. Moderate success with the #7 skip tooth and have found that a FD #1 ultra reverse works best for a fast cut without burns.

I would think that the thicker blade on thick stock would be better, based off of what I have read but it seems that this is the opposite.

Any opinions would be great. Thanks

So I have been doing some compound cutting on 1 3\4 x 1 3\4 blocks. I have tried multiple blades. I would like to get everyone's opinion on this.

I have tried #7 modified geometry with horrible success. Moderate success with the #7 skip tooth and have found that a FD #1 ultra reverse works best for a fast cut without burns.

I would think that the thicker blade on thick stock would be better, based off of what I have read but it seems that this is the opposite.

I'm glad you posted this Joe.I like to cut fast and compound cutting has put the brakes on that for me.I've lot's more mini bird houses to cut and i want to cut them fast.So far the skip tooth is working much better than the scroll reverse blades i've been using..well shortly now your going to get your answer as more of us will chime in on their knowledge of cutting thick wood.Thanks again for asking.

I have just started cutting not to long ago.But the Modified geometry are the only blades i have total eliminated from my blade collection so far