Self portrait finished

rdatelle

Well I gave this a shot and it wasn't easy. I want to thank Mahendra for doing this pattern for me and also Dave Monk for giving me the idea and some tips. This is cut out of 1/4 inch B/B with a 1/8 backer. There was so much small detail that I had to use a # 64 drill bit which is very tiny and a # 1 ultra reverse blade which was the only blade that would fit in the drill hole. I was glad I had both available. I did increase the pattern to 9 1/2 x 13. I made it a little easier to do but not that much. Comments and advice always welcome. Thanks Ralph.

post-25995-0-27907800-1467392656_thumb.jpg

post-25995-0-79542500-1467392696_thumb.jpg

Edited by rdatelle

Great work Ralph! The only advice I would give was given to you by Russell yesterday, and that is to make it larger.

When I do portraits, I don't size them to available frame sizes. I make my own frames so I size the frames to fit the portrait.

Well I gave this a shot and it wasn't easy. I want to thank Mahendra for doing this pattern for me and also Dave Monk for giving me the idea and some tips. This is cut out of 1/4 inch B/B with a 1/8 backer. There was so much small detail that I had to use a # 64 drill bit which is very tiny and a # 1 ultra reverse blade which was the only blade that would fit in the drill hole. I was glad I had both available. I did increase the pattern to 9 1/2 x 13. I made it a little easier to do but not that much. Comments and advice always welcome. Thanks Ralph.

Very well done ,Handsome man scrolling!