Store & Sort

woodchux

Scroll saw blades come in a variety of tooth sizes/styles, and some IMO look very similar to others. How do you sort & store your saw blades to save time and confusion when changing blades? Your ideas and comments are appreciated. Be safe. 

My friend at the vitamin store was selling a protein drink in fat tubes great for saw blades,You could put 3 gross in them  and screw the cap back on.I took the label from inside the saw blade bags and spray glued it to the outside of the tubespost-1607-0-86181600-1467909610_thumb.jpg

My wife buys Ensure nutrition drink.

I use them and have two extra caps hung over my saws where the 'blade bottle' I'm using

for at the time hang.

THese are perfect size  post-5492-0-32105300-1467926528.jpg  

to hold blades.

My new blades I store in plastic tubes which are labeled. If I use a blade and it is still sharp enough for more cutting, I have a small board with magnets that I stick the used blade to. I have the board marked so I know which blade it is. If I that size blade later I know I have a used blade that is still sharp.

Many "Thanks" for all your unique ideas and comments. To store/sort scrollsaw blades, am considering using scrap plumbing CPVC 1/2" diameter tubing with caps to store the blades, and to sort them have made a color chart with mfg. blade information, adding the matching color on the blade end using model kit paint in various colors. Be safe.