What Scroll Saw Blades ?

Forester

I use Pegas modified geometry for compound cutting and Flying Dutchman for fret work. Type and size of blade depends on type and thickness of wood.

I highly suggest (as others suggested to me) trying all different kinds and types. To me, that's one of the challenges using the scroll saw. When you find a blade that works very well for the application you're using, it's kind of like an "oh wow"! moment.

PS. It also helps to write down the blade you are using each time.

I use Pegas modified geometry for compound cutting and Flying Dutchman for fret work. Type and size of blade depends on type and thickness of wood.

I highly suggest (as others suggested to me) trying all different kinds and types. To me, that's one of the challenges using the scroll saw. When you find a blade that works very well for the application you're using, it's kind of like an "oh wow"! moment.

I tryed to keep the info in my head but time flys ,lol

Send me a picture of a modified geometry blades,por favor

Like others have said, Starting out I just used whatever the big box stores sold. But then after Joining this site and others, doing a little reading, I learned about Mikes Workshop and the Flying Dutchman blades. Absolutely love the Ultra Reverse and the Polar Blades. I use 1 through 7 in the UR and 2/0 through 7 in the Polar. Cutting name plates, pictures, and Intarsia.

Edited by cmarsch

I use Olson's. They seem to work best for me I have tried Flying Dutchman's aand most others Flying Dutchman's seem a little aggressive for me.At the age of 77 i am not as study with my hands as I once was and Olson s suit me better than all the rest.

IKE

First choice flying Dutchman, second Olson's. As another member mentioned its not a one size fits all. You will eventually find what works best for you but not without trying different blades, on different  woods and thickness. I'm in the learning  process of that myself, trying to zero in on THE BLADE that works best for me. Practice, practice, and more practice and go slow. Don't ask me how I know. Happy scrolling. 

I use Flying Dutchman blades most, but I also really like Olson blades.

The nice thing about Olson blades is that some of the local stores carry them, so I can get them the day I need them (or tell people who like to give gifts). Menards, Ace and Rockler all carry them around me.