All mechanics please report to the motor pool please. Thank you.

bronx

Thanks for showing up folks. I have an Ex 21 that I purchased used. Everything works great except for the flexible blower hose. At the base it just won't grab and hold tight and when cutting it goes all over the place except where it needs to be and I find myself huffing and puffing to clear the sawdust.

Now i'm not mechanically inclined but I looked and can't see where there my be an adjustment. I looked in the owners manual but no luck there. So after the manual the Village is my next step which brings me to you ace mechanics.

Maybe I over looked something. Is there some sort of adjustment for this or is there a simple way to rig it so it stays in place at the base of the saw so I can save my lungs for a nice cigar instead of huffing and puffing removing the sawdust from the cutting piece.

It's the first plastic piece that touches the the metal ball at the saw. It's lose and I can't get it tighten

Help will be much appreciated Thanks in advance. 

Ciao

Cliff 

Thanks for showing up folks. I have an Ex 21 that I purchased used. Everything works great except for the flexible blower hose. At the base it just won't grab and hold tight and when cutting it goes all over the place except where it needs to be and I find myself huffing and puffing to clear the sawdust.

Now i'm not mechanically inclined but I looked and can't see where there my be an adjustment. I looked in the owners manual but no luck there. So after the manual the Village is my next step which brings me to you ace mechanics.

Maybe I over looked something. Is there some sort of adjustment for this or is there a simple way to rig it so it stays in place at the base of the saw so I can save my lungs for a nice cigar instead of huffing and puffing removing the sawdust from the cutting piece.

It's the first plastic piece that touches the the metal ball at the saw. It's lose and I can't get it tighten

Help will be much appreciated Thanks in advance. 

Ciao

Cliff 

Show us a picture of the problem.I looked for a picture on ricks site but found none.

The problem is the first link is cracked. An easy repair is to heat the first link with a heat gun or hair dryer. It will soften the the plastic. Or just pull off the hose from the metal conector. Use the heating devise to heat the second link and pull off the cracked link. Use a pair of plyers or needle nose for this. You don't want to melt the plastic, just soften it. Once the first link is removed, heat the second link one more time and it should pop right into the metal conector. Let it cool, then you are good to go!

The problem is the first link is cracked. An easy repair is to heat the first link with a heat gun or hair dryer. It will soften the the plastic. Or just pull off the hose from the metal conector. Use the heating devise to heat the second link and pull off the cracked link. Use a pair of plyers or needle nose for this. You don't want to melt the plastic, just soften it. Once the first link is removed, heat the second link one more time and it should pop right into the metal conector. Let it cool, then you are good to go!

+1  That is what I would do.

Dan you are the man with the plan. Thanks for taking the time to help me with this problem. I'll light a cigar in your honor...LOL

Thx my friend.

Ciao Cliff

Cliff, be careful with whatever you use for a heat source, you don't don't want to misshape things. Use just enough heat to allow you to pull the first section of the air tube off, don't use enough heat to melt the plastic. 

Len

Edited by Lucky2