EX16 Arrived today

tonylumps

Well my new to me EX16 arrived.As the UPS driver was taking it out of the truck I saw nothing but packing nuts fall out of the box and one leg showing thru a hole.What do you think of someone who packs a 57# saw to ship from CA.to PA with just packing nuts and a couple of sheets of brown paper.The saw was scratched up a bit.One rubber foot missing.I bought the stand for it,so did not need the foot.All said and done I spent an hour tuning it up.Adjusting everything,.Removing the vac system,Hooking up my own collector.I mounted on the EX stand and did some test cuts.Very happy so far.The discription said it had 2 hours on it There are some scratches on the table But from what i have seen on You Tube This seems to be normal with the EX.I like the blade install on it and it runs nice.Saturday I will give it a work out.

post-29130-0-78864300-1468609452_thumb.jpg

post-29130-0-68198000-1468609465_thumb.jpg

Good luck Tony. Your going to love it. I have the ex21 and love it/ I just finished cutting out the Lords Prayer with it about 20 minutes ago. There's a lot of lettering to cut and it's all different types. I haven't put it together yet. Still have to paint the backers ans line everything up. Leaving for vacation tomorrow so it will have to wait until I get back.

Hip hip, saw away... Oh, I mean have fun sawing

You will enjoy your new saw. What did you have before?

I am using a Hegner so this will have to really show me something.I wanted to try the EX for the blade install.Tomarrow i will put a vibration meter on both.But I think the Hegner has less vibration we will see.

Congrats on your new toy, and where did you get the seat ? really like what looks like its adjustable, been looking for something like that.

Yes adjustable .The seat pad has about 8 positions. I bought it online It is used for star gazing I can not remember the name of the place.but I will look for it

Nice purchase.   It will be interesting to see how your vibration test turns out

Dick

heppnerguy

Vibration meter was to sensitive.Both saws showed the same reading.When i did the nickel test the Hegner was clearly the winner.I could go and eat lunch and come back the nickel would still be standing.Not bad for a saw that was made in 2002.But I am liking the blade install on the EX.

Wouldn't it be nice if Hegner would move into the 21st century and come up with an easy blade change method like an Excalibur?  They could (for the price of one) use steel clamps instead of the aluminum that the Ex has.  Best of both worlds...  Hegner is a great workhorse saw but it has been the same design since inception and need to modernize.   

Wouldn't it be nice if Hegner would move into the 21st century and come up with an easy blade change method like an Excalibur?  They could (for the price of one) use steel clamps instead of the aluminum that the Ex has.  Best of both worlds...  Hegner is a great workhorse saw but it has been the same design since inception and need to modernize.   

You're right .I did learn to live with it. But I wanted to try the EX for top feed I tried it today, But did not like it .What I did like was that the arm swings out of the way for bottom feed.But I will keep trying it .After all it is new to me.All said it is a really nice saw.So I think i made a good move in getting the EX