What's his rush???

Fab4

Note:

If you decide to meet him somewhere and he is wearing a trench coat

with the inside of the coat lined with watches...............Turn the other way

and RUN!!!

Good Luck

Edited by Fab4

I see folks in this area offering 30 year old craftsman lathes for $450, as if they were something special.  The lathes don't bring $25 at farm auctions and flea markets.  In fact a much better brand new lathe with more features is cheaper.  

It seems it is always :belonged to my departed (fill in bank) and I don't know much about these and "one just like it sold on ebay for two gazillion dollars but I am willing to let it go for less to someone who appreciates it."    

There is a guy nearby that always has tools listed for sale on craigslist.  Always the same write up.  Starts high and reduces the price about $50 a month until sold.  

I did recently get a deal from an ad that said :my boyfriend just moved in with his ex wife and left all these tools in the shed (picture of bench grinder, jet mini lathe with chuck, etc.  First $100.  Must take everything he left in shed.  Sure, although I threw the x rated vhs tapes in the trash at the first convenience store I passed. (don't have a vhs player anymore :razz: ).      

I'm with Dan on this one.  $350 is way too much for that saw, unless it's new old stock and still in the original box.  I recently sold my Dewalt type 2, of similar vintage, for $200 and firmly believe it was a fair price.  I likely wouldn't offer more than that for this saw, type 1 or not.  Make sure to put it through it's paces before buying.

I just found this on a local Craigslist. It looks like a type 1. Is it a good deal or stick with the type 2 that I have?

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/tls/5672356337.html

Jim

I currently own 7 of them some type 1 some type 2 all with no scratches ,chips abuse etc.I purchased them cheap and not so cheap.$100.00 to $250.00  After using them one by one They loosened up like crazy and now i have a dw788 grave yard here in the shop.May latest one is going fast too.My first dw788 was well used but i got good life from it? no idea why it had sloppy bearings before i re greased the and got another 2 years of hard scrolling.If i could have pressed out the two bearings i couldn't it would still be running strong.,I'm at wits end why out of all these saws that look like they were not even used  are garbage now???? Looks can be deceiving, Sorry i can't help