A thoughtful piece

heppnerguy

I saw this one on Steve Good's page and with all the police shooting going on around our country decided to cut this and take it to our sheriff's office today to show my support for all they do for us. It is a really easy pattern to cut, so if you feel like showing your support for your local police , this seems like a great way to do it

Dick

heppnerguy

post-2238-0-08451600-1469199054_thumb.jpg

I saw this one on Steve Good's page and with all the police shooting going on around our country decided to cut this and take it to our sheriff's office today to show my support for all they do for us. It is a really easy pattern to cut, so if you feel like showing your support for your local police , this seems like a great way to do it

Dick

heppnerguy

I'm sure it's going to be wellreceived!

Dick, it looks fantastic, but, with the Sheriff designation on it doesn't that mean it's for the sheriff. If it was made without sheriff being cut on it, it would be more for a group wouldn't it? 

Len

Not Dick, but I believe that all of our Sheriff Deputies still where a badge that says sheriff on them so that it simply shows they work for the Sheriff's dept. (versus the City police for example) - They are all "sheriffs" - they are just "deputy" sheriffs while THE Sheriff is the HEAD sheriff. Least that's my understanding.  None in my family and I don't encounter them too often though (thank goodness) but that is what I seem to recall.

Dick, it looks fantastic, but, with the Sheriff designation on it doesn't that mean it's for the sheriff. If it was made without sheriff being cut on it, it would be more for a group wouldn't it? 

Len

I also believe that it is that badge for the sheriffs dept. I am thinking that the deputies wear the same shaped badges. You may be right. I am often mistaken about this kind of thing. I will find out for sure though.

Dick

heppnerguy