Hey KtownScroller

Travis

Hey KtownScroller,

I've been enjoying your puzzles in your gallery. I was wondering how you softened the edges of your puzzles. I know in one of my books they use a Sand-o-flex sander. I'm thinking of getting that in a couple weeks. There's also a sanding mop, but I wasn't sure if it would work real well with the keys of the puzzle. I figured the Sand-O-Flex would get in there a bit better.

Hey KtownScroller,

I've been enjoying your puzzles in your gallery. I was wondering how you softened the edges of your puzzles. I know in one of my books they use a Sand-o-flex sander. I'm thinking of getting that in a couple weeks. There's also a sanding mop, but I wasn't sure if it would work real well with the keys of the puzzle. I figured the Sand-O-Flex would get in there a bit better.

Sorry about the delay Travis, I don't know my way around here too well yet. :)

I sanded my puzzle edges the hard way. You know, a small piece of sandpaper generating some rather sore fingertips. Actually I got a little smarter as I went along and used a Dremel tool. I cut small pieces of sandpaper and double face taped them to a 1/4" drill slug. The small diameter allowed me to get into the tight spots. The only problem is that the sandpaper only lasts a short period of time. Still, it sure beats the alternative! I guess I will have to breakdown and buy a sanding mop. There must be a better way? The puzzles look so much better with the edges broken.

Man! I didn't think of a dremel. LOL...I fold over a piece of sandpaper and do it the hard way. Since I hate sanding so much, I pretty much gave up. I'm buying the Sand-O-Flex this Saturday from Woodcraft. They're having a sale (online or in person)) on Saturday. 10-20% off, depending on what you buy. Anyway, I'll try it out and let you know if it's worth the coinage. I want to make more puzzles and if it works, I'll be a happy man!