First Proxxon cutting

heppnerguy

As I promised, Randy, I am posting some of the work that I have made on the free Proxxon saw that he gave to me. So here it is. A small pattern I made just to give this new saw a try. From beginning to end I have found that I am rapidly becoming familiar with this saw and the more familiar I am with it the more I think I could even enjoy using it for some pattern cutting. It might be good for Christmas ornaments and small things like that. I will continue to try different things and keep you posted as to the results of my efforts. I am enjoying this new learning experience so far.

Dick

heppnerguy

post-2238-0-41465500-1469312593_thumb.jpeg

As I promised, Randy, I am posting some of the work that I have made on the free Proxxon saw that he gave to me. So here it is. A small pattern I made just to give this new saw a try. From beginning to end I have found that I am rapidly becoming familiar with this saw and the more familiar I am with it the more I think I could even enjoy using it for some pattern cutting. It might be good for Christmas ornaments and small things like that. I will continue to try different things and keep you posted as to the results of my efforts. I am enjoying this new learning experience so far.

Dick

heppnerguy

Men and their toys,lol It's a nice change to try different tools !

One more thing that i realized as I was sawing was how it has no vibration when running I may test that tomorrow and see if I can really determine how vibration free it's really is. Another thing I like about this little saw is the great placement of the on/off switch.

Dick

heppnerguy

I tried to cut 1/2 inch BB ply and it would not do it. I do not understand exactly why but it simply would not cut it at all. I guess I will need to use it only for thin material. It also has a habit of the blade breaking at the lower blade grip. Not sure why that happens. Working on a selection for it

Dick

heppnerguy