Fix of an obsolete scrollsaw

Jim Finn

I have a 15" Jet scroll saw that I use a lot.  It was made in 1988 and this model is no longer made.  One of the bearings in the drive train seized on me.  I went to a local bearing supply house and got a replacement for under $6.  One hour down time.  Shop locally when you can.

It amazing that nearly every bearing ever made is still available at a local bearing shop

I needed front wheel bearings for a rare Italian motorcycle. The sole remaining dealer in the mid Atlantic told me it would take 6 months to have them sent from Italy. I took the bearings to a bearing shop and they measured them and fixed me up with new bearings in less than 5 minutes, AND for abut 10 percent of the dealer price.

I have a 15" Jet scroll saw that I use a lot.  It was made in 1988 and this model is no longer made.  One of the bearings in the drive train seized on me.  I went to a local bearing supply house and got a replacement for under $6.  One hour down time.  Shop locally when you can.

Miller bearing in town here wanted a lot of money an i would have to wait for it to be shipped.that's when i regreased all the bearings i could on the type 1 dewalt and got a solid hard labor 's more work out of her!Glad they could help you jim !