help,times a wasteing

amazingkevin

Kevin_

Just went through this 18 months ago with a friend. Get to a doctor you trust and take all your meds with you.  She was being mildly overdosed on BP meds and got dehydrated and then took a $1,000 per mile ambulance ride.  After that, three days of IV in the hospital.  This was all while she was working on dropping her blood sugar and weight.

Short story is--listen to the doc and believe and follow what they say.  You may end up on a CPAP machine and then need to pick up your exercise a bit at a time.

This is what I did,Several yrs back,I was very over weight, 260,lbs.I hated looking at my reflexion.Started drinking slimfast and walking 3miles everyday.I went down to 200 lbs in just a few mths,Still holding steady.I just watch my diet and stay as active as I can.I know your a little older than me.But you can use a Treadmill if you can get one.Take care of yourself my friend :)

Ah yes the treadmill. 10 years ago i had only one customer to mow there lawn for.I would rag thru it.One day he said to me how come I'm running mowing the lawn.I said you know i found a tread mill and was trying it out for a while and i'll bet that's why the difference

So I hope you have been to see a doctor by now, if not why not?  Doctor is no. 1 place to start.  Only he can send you for blood tests etc.

Marg

Been to many doctors marge,i ended up with a whole beer flat carton of pills to take everyday.I said this can't be right and thru them away.I still take the blood pressure pills but thats it.The hospital has done every test on me an im still the same.Thousands an thousands of dollars bilked from medicare.

Kevin_

Just went through this 18 months ago with a friend. Get to a doctor you trust and take all your meds with you.  She was being mildly overdosed on BP meds and got dehydrated and then took a $1,000 per mile ambulance ride.  After that, three days of IV in the hospital.  This was all while she was working on dropping her blood sugar and weight.

Short story is--listen to the doc and believe and follow what they say.  You may end up on a CPAP machine and then need to pick up your exercise a bit at a time.

One blood pressure pill a day and my pressures good.Now the doc wants me to double up on them,is he trying to kill me?

Kevin, you have to get go a Doctor and find out why you sleep so much.

It may be a factor in your weight control.Stick to the water, leave the sodas etc.behind.

I know its hard to walk in the heat there, but you hsve to get some activity going there.

Maybe early mornings , you could get out.You don't need to jog along but just something a little faster

than a stroll.Might help energy wise also. Take care and be well

whoah! standing an walking hurt me the most,thanks Gordie

I was gaining weight when I was working at construction when I was forty.  Up a ladder 50-100 times a day.  I never exercised more than that, but I did change to a mostly raw food diet,  I lost 30 lbs. in three months and kept it off for 12 years.   I  started gaining weight again when I grew tired of living on nuts and twigs and no alcohol or soda.  I have started back to controlling my food intake and am now loosing weight slowly.  For me at least, weight control  is all about food intake.  I never have exercised since I finished military basic training, in 1960.  My wife has had similar experience and is down to her suggested weight, with no exercise.  The older we get the harder it is to control weight.

In 1986 i did nothing but carrot juice and lost 60 lbs ate 5 salads a day from mcdonnals for two years plus a gallon of carrot juice fresh everyday

I beg the doctor many time to get the weight off but he just says quit eat!

I think you need to find a different doctor if that's the case.  Many hospitals have dietitians that will consult with you on a proper diet.  Just eating "rabbit food" won't help.  Ask your doctor for a local consult with one.  As for upping your BP meds when your blood pressure is okay may be a case of fluid retention depending on what the meds are.  Asking questions is your best friend when it comes to managing your health care.  Take care and feel better :)

Edited by debinoz