Plenty of work now and nobody's paying

amazingkevin

3/4 " ply cut with #7 scroll reverse on my new dw788 Lots of works coming in from this lady but now what ever she wants she has to pay in advance no deposit .She leaves a deposit and picks up an doesn't leave the rest of the money but gives a deposit on more work .its to much to keep track of so cash on the barrel head no if;s an's or but's I need the work but not the aggravation Two days in a row i waited all afternoon for her to show .and does'nt call .post-1607-0-39147800-1470834601_thumb.jpgpost-1607-0-24041100-1470834624_thumb.jpgpost-1607-0-24008600-1470834649_thumb.jpgpost-1607-0-13368900-1470834681_thumb.jpgpost-1607-0-28970300-1470834702_thumb.jpgpost-1607-0-16713500-1470834756_thumb.jpgpost-1607-0-38015200-1470834794_thumb.jpgpost-1607-0-58533400-1470834830_thumb.jpgpost-1607-0-15281300-1470834890_thumb.jpgpost-1607-0-00482300-1470834969_thumb.jpgpost-1607-0-24792000-1470835040_thumb.jpgpost-1607-0-45638500-1470835064_thumb.jpgthe sizes vary from 2,5'-20'-16'-10' -8" 2,5"This is not all the photos ,im to busy today right now

post-1607-0-93113100-1470834862_thumb.jpg

post-1607-0-37340500-1470834943_thumb.jpg

post-1607-0-42210500-1470834994_thumb.jpg

They are not "my style" but are very nicely done.

The people above have summed it up!  I can afford to do a lot of free work; because it is just a HOBBY!

You CANNOT!

Tell her straight up that you are TRYING to make a living and have no OTHER means of support and that she either pays fair or you will refuse her work. It appears to be nothing except aggravation anyway!

Kevin, this is what happens to people who are to nice to others. You've got to get a system set up that runs like a business, otherwise, people will keep taking advantage of you. There is a lot of unscrupulous people out there, they couldn't care less what happens to you. They're of the frame of mind that if something happens to you, they'll just find another sucker. Get a book to write the orders in, and to write the proper spelling of the words or whatever's supposed to be on the cutting. Start demanding a 50% non-refundable deposit up front, and then demanding the rest upon reciept of the work. You might as well be an idle fool over being a busy fool, especially if they're not paying you. No one knows your situation better than you yourself, times are tuff demand what you deserve.

Len

Everybody else already covered it Kevin  - quit being the nice guy.  50% up front, remaining BEFORE it walks out the door.  Sounds like she is taking orders then selling - who knows what she is really selling it for.  You either need to work out a better system or not bother - if you aren't getting paid for your work - time and material then doesn't help you  out.  Be honest and up front with her and tell her so.  Great work - so don't give it away.  ;)

They are not "my style" but are very nicely done.

The people above have summed it up!  I can afford to do a lot of free work; because it is just a HOBBY!

You CANNOT!

Tell her straight up that you are TRYING to make a living and have no OTHER means of support and that she either pays fair or you will refuse her work. It appears to be nothing except aggravation anyway!

I don't like snakes and begged her to forget about the snake,She insisted, i got over it and am stuck with it here day and night (%@%@%(@!@ She owes $140 for 14 huge items that i had to get out of my chair to do,not good for me.Been quite  a few days and she doesn't answer the phone???

Everybody else already covered it Kevin  - quit being the nice guy.  50% up front, remaining BEFORE it walks out the door.  Sounds like she is taking orders then selling - who knows what she is really selling it for.  You either need to work out a better system or not bother - if you aren't getting paid for your work - time and material then doesn't help you  out.  Be honest and up front with her and tell her so.  Great work - so don't give it away.  ;)

She wanted them wholesale .Lady this rock bottom prices Leave a deposit an pay the rest when you pick up.I got the deposit but she picked up and didn't pay and wants more on top of it

Kevin, if you are doing this to make a living than you are running a business and to run a business successfully that means keeping track of what it costs you in materials and your time to make the projects and than pricing the items to make a decent return on the dollar! This also means that your customers understand that you are friendly but you require a deposit with final payment upon finish, no if, ands, or buts! If you are letting the customer pick up with out final payment you may as well forget about them ever paying for the items! In the case with this lady, for any future requests, I would double the price you have been charging and explain to her why you have to do this. Its one thing to be friends with the customers but not to the extent that they take advantage of you!

This is only my opinion and please take it for what it's worth.

Erv

Kevin, if you are doing this to make a living than you are running a business and to run a business successfully that means keeping track of what it costs you in materials and your time to make the projects and than pricing the items to make a decent return on the dollar! This also means that your customers understand that you are friendly but you require a deposit with final payment upon finish, no if, ands, or buts! If you are letting the customer pick up with out final payment you may as well forget about them ever paying for the items! In the case with this lady, for any future requests, I would double the price you have been charging and explain to her why you have to do this. Its one thing to be friends with the customers but not to the extent that they take advantage of you!

This is only my opinion and please take it for what it's worth.

Erv

Someday i wish this would sink in,Thanks friend