4th piece

country girl

I am pretty happy with this piece, except for the finish needs a little work. I think next time i will finish before i glue together.

I learned a lot on this one. Thought it was going to be perfect. Oh well.

post-29875-0-00273000-1471480204_thumb.jpg[attachment=34131:4th piece.jpscroll down I will try to subnit it again from my phone

Edited by country girl

I would be pretty happy with the results also Theresa, it looks fantastic. Finishing before gluing something togeher, can create as many problems as it solves. Yes it makes things easier to finish, but, it also makes things harder to glue together. It's a balancing act, sometimes there's no easy way to do things. Those are the times you have to get inventive, you use odd things to help with the luing process. I've used needles and pieces of wire, toothpicks and numerous other items to help with the gluing process.

Len

I would be pretty happy with the results also Theresa, it looks fantastic. Finishing before gluing something togeher, can create as many problems as it solves. Yes it makes things easier to finish, but, it also makes things harder to glue together. It's a balancing act, sometimes there's no easy way to do things. Those are the times you have to get inventive, you use odd things to help with the luing process. I've used needles and pieces of wire, toothpicks and numerous other items to help with the gluing process.

Len

I never used a water base satin finish. I made the mistake of using steel wool and not cleaning it good enough between coats. Thanks for the compliment.

I am on my iPad so I thought that might be why I was having problem getting the photo to open to see. At least on the pad, I could still sort of zoom in but hard to still see the project since its so small. I will try again tomorrow from my computer. From what I can see, it looks good Theresa. Just remember, we learn from each piece that we do. You are doing great only 4 pieces in. Don't be too hard on yourself.

I am pretty happy with this piece, except for the finish needs a little work. I think next time i will finish before i glue together.

I learned a lot on this one. Thought it was going to be perfect. Oh well.

attachicon.gif4th piece.jpg[attachment=34131:4th piece.jpscroll down I will try to subnit it again from my phone

I couldn't download it either so i have no idea what it looks like,sorry