Creative woodworks & Craft Magazine

kevalb

Hi John

I have August 1997 and in it there is a back issue list, back to June 1995 on the cover of the December 1996 is the Clock I am Looking for.

I know its a tall order but I thought there may be someone out there with this issue, if I'm lucky.

Cheers Kev

Are you looking for the plans or just the photo or both or the whole issue???

That is John Nelson's clock. It should be in one of his books. I remember seeing it somewhere. He used to have a web site where he sold his patterns but I do not have it and it probably doesn't exist any more. I think he spends all his time traveling these days.

I had the pleasure of working on some prototype projects of his and one in particular was his flexible watch plan. Way back then, there was a marriage between his patterns, CWW&C and Steebar and I was invited in. I wound up doing alot of projects for Steebar and did alot of John' patterns as well. Times have changed though.

Here you go. Here is the book I was thinking of. Find this in the library or other book stores. http://www.foxchapelpublishing.com/p-11 ... ition.aspx

Thanks for looking Sue

And John you've done a lot of research on this for me thanks heaps.

John Nelson is my mentor I have made so many of his clock and fretwork things, I do have that (Making Wooden Clocks Book) you told me about but its a different Skeleton Clock.

Just have keep waiting and hoping someone comes up with the December 1995 issue

Thanks again for the effort

Cheers Kev

Kevalb, I have that issue of CW&C dec. 1996 . That skeleton clock shown on the cover is a mini size. Finish size is approx 6 1/2 inches tall. At the time Klockit had a skeleton clock movement that was used in this clock. I have searched their website but dont beleive they have that movement anymore. The nearest they show is a Quartz Skeleton Movement that measures 5 "1/8 H x4 "7/8 W x 1 "11/16D. You could resize the plan to that movement though. Now than, how do I get the copy of the plan plus the detailed instructions to you and be legal. Maybe Travis can advise.

Ervin

Thanks for looking Sue

And John you've done a lot of research on this for me thanks heaps.

John Nelson is my mentor I have made so many of his clock and fretwork things, I do have that (Making Wooden Clocks Book) you told me about but its a different Skeleton Clock.

Just have keep waiting and hoping someone comes up with the December 1995 issue

Thanks again for the effort

Cheers Kev

Kev

Just out of curiosity, do you have that movement that clock was designed for???? It was designed for a mini insert and was listed by Klokit. They do not carry it any more. It was a mini skeleton clock.

Sorry I can not be of any more help to you. Good luck.

...how do I get the copy of the plan plus the detailed instructions to you and be legal. Maybe Travis can advise.

Legally, you cannot photocopy the pattern and instructions to share with someone else. You're only allowed to photocopy the plans for your own personal use, since you're the owner (purchaser) of the magazine. If you sold the entire magazine to kevalb, I think you'd be OK since you're transferring ownership of the magazine. (This is kind of a gray area, but I think most would agree that this is legitimate.)

Who is the author/designer of the pattern? You might be able to track down the designer and ask for a copy. I think you'll find that scroller's are pretty generous about sharing their patterns.

Here's a long shot, but might be worth taking a look at. Places like Windfield Collection, Scroller LTD, Wooden Teddy Bear and other pattern clearinghouses often have some of these patterns displayed in the magazines.

Kevalb, Travis has stated and I was sure I wouldn't be able to photo copy the plans and send to you. The designer of the clock is John A. Nelson ,but I do not have an Email address for him. If you happen to have one of the many books he has had published, it may be listed in one of them. Prehaps one of the other members here might know and could give it to you. Good luck and wish I could have helped you more.

Ervin

I think John does a lot of work with Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts. You could check any issue and he has an article. Usually at the end of the article, you'll find an email address or some other form of contact info. You can give that a try and ask him where you could get a copy of the pattern. Bob at scrollsawer.com would have his email address too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...