Mary with child

heppnerguy

This is my pattern attempt. I cut this with a number one and a number two flat end scroll saw blade. I actually was not able to get the eyes cut right as I cut it smaller than I made the pattern for. I needed a size 0/3 spiral blade and I do not have any of those yet. I have to thank Paul, (Scrappile) for the encouragement he gave me to use spirals with his continual cutting and posting t he delicate and beautifully done pieces that he posts one after another. I am still attempting to learn how to make frames, with a long ways to go if I am to succeed with them, but I think it will be worth the effort if I ever figure all this out. I will post my pattern after I go check out exactly how to do that.

Dick

heppnerguy

post-2238-0-55820600-1472916561_thumb.jpeg

This is my pattern attempt. I cut this with a number one and a number two flat end scroll saw blade. I actually was not able to get the eyes cut right as I cut it smaller than I made the pattern for. I needed a size 0/3 spiral blade and I do not have any of those yet. I have to thank Paul, (Scrappile) for the encouragement he gave me to use spirals with his continual cutting and posting t he delicate and beautifully done pieces that he posts one after another. I am still attempting to learn how to make frames, with a long ways to go if I am to succeed with them, but I think it will be worth the effort if I ever figure all this out. I will post my pattern after I go check out exactly how to do that.

Dick

heppnerguy

Looks like your getting the best out of spirals!

Another beautiful piece of art Dick.  I think your framing work is coming along nicely as well.  Thanks for sharing a photo of your work.

Glad you are learning to use the spiral blades.  I have a few in the shop but haven't even tried to learn to cut anything with those yet.  I have learned here on the forums that they can be a love/hate type of relationship!  I need to get some of the FD Penguin Silver Blades in and give those a try.  I have been trying out some different blades as suggested to find what I like to work with and the speed.  I did get in some FD blades but didn't order any of the Penguin Silver.  I was just confused with so many FD choices and didn't know what to start to try so I just stuck with the "basics" for now.

Edited to add:  I look forward to your pattern when you get a chance to share it.  Thanks for doing so.

Edited by meflick