Is This a Good Deal?

Rockytime

Friday I will be looking at used Hawk 216VS. I have read the reviews in the saw review section. The saw owner says the saw is in excellent condition. It comes on the factory stand and the photos appear very nice. The asking price is $195. It is hooked up so I can try it. I do like the Hawks for their simple engineering and ruggedness. Also it is a little bigger than my 14". Doubtful I will ever need anything bigger.

At that price, even if you have to replace some parts, you can't go wrong.  I bought a used 226 VS Ultra for $450 and believe I got a good deal.  I had to replace the air bladder, the arm retention spring and the upper and lower blade clamp "T" screws (the plastic had gotten brittle with age.)  Total for all of these was around $30.00.

Friday I will be looking at used Hawk 216VS. I have read the reviews in the saw review section. The saw owner says the saw is in excellent condition. It comes on the factory stand and the photos appear very nice. The asking price is $195. It is hooked up so I can try it. I do like the Hawks for their simple engineering and ruggedness. Also it is a little bigger than my 14". Doubtful I will ever need anything bigger.

I love test drives,I can smoke the brushes,burn the wood and stress test the workings of a scroll saw.I have gone thru dozens of saws.I'd pull my eye teeth for a 31 " scroll saw.Good luck, sounds like a great deal.I'm trying to find a speed bag cheap.Today i found the perfect deal "everlast heavy bag ,speed bag, wheel and complete everlast stand for $30.00.?To bad its on the other coast