Weird Blade

Rockytime

Never seen that but my guess would be a hand made blade from a coping saw blade. What happens many times and I am sure we as scrollers all know this by now that blades slip out of the holders. This many is due to the oil that is on the blade when they are made. That is why you need to clean them before use. I always sand all 4 ends of each blade before I go to use it. The screw in the clamp becomes shiny and very slippery from rubbing against the metal of the blade when we tighten. That is why on occassion you need to run a piece of sand paper in those clamps. 

The person probably did not know how to correct this problem and their solution was to wrap the end so that the screw goes through the hole thus not allowing it to pull out.

Even if this is not the answer I think that was a pretty good thought and took some brain cells away. I do not have many to give away any more. I hope you do not have any more surprises for us.

Hope you find the answer. 

Never seen that but my guess would be a hand made blade from a coping saw blade. What happens many times and I am sure we as scrollers all know this by now that blades slip out of the holders. This many is due to the oil that is on the blade when they are made. That is why you need to clean them before use. I always sand all 4 ends of each blade before I go to use it. The screw in the clamp becomes shiny and very slippery from rubbing against the metal of the blade when we tighten. That is why on occassion you need to run a piece of sand paper in those clamps. 

The person probably did not know how to correct this problem and their solution was to wrap the end so that the screw goes through the hole thus not allowing it to pull out.

Even if this is not the answer I think that was a pretty good thought and took some brain cells away. I do not have many to give away any more. I hope you do not have any more surprises for us.

Hope you find the answer. 

I think you may have given us the answer. I also sand both ends of my blades. I read someplace about the oil and the need to rough up the blade ends so when they clamp up they will stay. I am new but this made sense so I do it.