Tv tray

kardar2

Hello all,

Well I have almost finished my tv tray so this is what I came up with.

I used 3/8 pine and glued them up and used 3/8 pine for a backer The legs is made out of 3/4 x 3/4 poplar with a 1/4 dowel going in the support. I cut the leg up a the top at a 45 degree angle. the longer legs is 27 1/2 in long and the short legs are 26 in long. I will make them longer on my next one I think I will add a inch. I think it sits just a little low for my liking. I made my own washer/spacers out od wood to put between the legs I have to wait till we get a steady 70 degree weather so I can put on the epoxy resin the mfg said it needs to be at least 70 degrees for 72 hours. So I will wait till nicer weather and it will give me time to make another one and coat them at the same time.post-1080-134955533088_thumb.jpgpost-1080-134955533088_thumb.jpg

Nice very nice Don't like TV trays but I suppose I could call it a bed tray.

The epoxy resin you will be using could I have some info ie: name, where to buy

cause I want to do something similer and don't know what to even start with, with epoxy resin's.

oh and that deer cutting is great wood like the pattern, hint hint.

Merlin

Nice very nice Don't like TV trays but I suppose I could call it a bed tray.

The epoxy resin you will be using could I have some info ie: name, where to buy

cause I want to do something similer and don't know what to even start with, with epoxy resin's.

oh and that deer cutting is great wood like the pattern, hint hint.

Merlin

The resin I bought at Lowes its called "clear coat" I have never used resin so I don't know if one brand is better than another. I was looking in my cherrytree toy mag and they have a resin that is only one part resin, I bought the two part resin. in the cherry tree mag they sell with the resin a bottle of "eat a bubble" so I am not sure if that has any thing with the one part resin or not so make sure you ask questions. The resin in cherrytree mag is half the price but with the 2 part resin might give you more cause of the two part system. any ways I hope this is helps. As for the wood I wanted to use the cheap pine cause I had no plans to go by so I just had to wing it. the next one will be made out of red oak.

• 2 months later...