newfoundland stage

newfie

Been a this piece now for a week or so not a ol lot of scrolling with it other then cutting out the Windows and door way and the little tubs.o made a couple of these now and enjoy making them.stages as we call are sheds built on the shore line where fishermen stored there fishing supplies and the place where they did the needed repairs to there nets etc. Added a flake to the side,where they dry fish for the winter.the little tubs usually called trawl tubs is what they use to put a long rope in with hooks on it about 10 feet apart. Someone asked to make one to go in there yard to h o with there model fishing dory and two schooners.

post-1860-0-85065600-1473992094_thumb.jpg

Been a this piece now for a week or so not a ol lot of scrolling with it other then cutting out the Windows and door way and the little tubs.o made a couple of these now and enjoy making them.stages as we call are sheds built on the shore line where fishermen stored there fishing supplies and the place where they did the needed repairs to there nets etc. Added a flake to the side,where they dry fish for the winter.the little tubs usually called trawl tubs is what they use to put a long rope in with hooks on it about 10 feet apart. Someone asked to make one to go in there yard to h o with there model fishing dory and two schooners.

you can build a house for me anytime!

Seriously cute and the accessories really make it. The door hinges are a bit big though for the scale. Perhaps you could mount them internally or use a pin top and bottom to hinge the door? Just a thought. I hope that is constructive.

Rob

Those are the smallest honges i can get around here had to drive.about 250km to get them then.the door is thinner then the side so it wouldn't work to put them on the inside

Todd that is excellent work there's just one thing I would change and that's the door hinges either make wooden ones or buy miniature ones. There's a saying over here Don't spoil the ship for an hapest of tar. Hope you don't mind me saying. Roly

Those are only 3/4" ones Roly thats the smallest i can get up this way.

Edited by newfie