Shop Vac Air Filter

cynbone

My Shop Vac air filter is about 6mo old with no problems. This is the same filter that Steve Good reviewed. I use it every day.  Today, it would not start.  I cleaned it up, changed the foam filter, checked for loose wir

es but found nothing.  Any ideas?

Get an electric sniffer at the big box store for around $10. Just get it close to the wires and it will let you know if there's juice in it.Do the wall outlet first,then follow the cord to its end and check Then touch it to the switch,on & off

I'd blow out the switch real good.  If you can remove it even better to clean it out.  If that doesn't fix it do a check the switch with an ohm meter.  If it is bad, return it, or whatever the warranty says to do.  It should have a two year warranty.

May I ask, other than the current problem, how to you like this filter?  Does it work better than a box fan with a filter on it?

Edited by Scrappile

I'd blow out the switch real good.  If you can remove it even better to clean it out.  If that doesn't fix it do a check the switch with an ohm meter.  If it is bad, return it, or whatever the warranty says to do.  It should have a two year warranty.

May I ask, other than the current problem, how to you like this filter?  Does it work better than a box fan with a filter on it?

Well, it turned out to be a bad switch.  A friend of mine is an electrician, he came over and somehow bypassed the switch and we're in business again.  One guy responded in another group and just went nuts because I didn't post a pic and model number. Part of his response was

"We shouldn't have to guess at the model in order to help you"

He's a dentist and they're always in a bad mood so BITE ME!  Paul, I like the unit alot. I've got a fan on one side of the saw and the filter on the other.  Beats the heck out of the box filter

Well, it turned out to be a bad switch.  A friend of mine is an electrician, he came over and somehow bypassed the switch and we're in business again.  One guy responded in another group and just went nuts because I didn't post a pic and model number. Part of his response was

"We shouldn't have to guess at the model in order to help you"

He's a dentist and they're always in a bad mood so BITE ME!  Paul, I like the unit alot. I've got a fan on one side of the saw and the filter on the other.  Beats the heck out of the box filter