getting patternn copies

Mimi

Ok here is my problem. I purchased a  pattern from Scroller. I went to FedEx copy to get a copy made and they told me I could not get a copy because I need written permission from scroller to get copies. I though if it stated that copies could be made that they could be made any where. They told me it was so I could make copies at home. The pattern is too large for my printer. am I going to have this problem everytime I get a pattern that is too large for my printer and need a copy . This seem really stupid . they are not buying the pattern all I am getting from them is the ink and paper. Thanks for any clarification

Mimi 

Mimi, this is the first time I've ever heard of someone doing this. Generally, if it is printed that you can make copies, most copy stores will make them for you. I know I can take a pattern to a copy store around here, and they'll print-off the pattern in whatever size I want. Almost all of them will only make ten copies for you though, but that's fine you really only need one copy to copy off of. Have you tried other copy stores in the area, maybe they will do what you want.

Len

The one I normally go to was closed so I thought I would try Fed EX. I think the guy was just too busy looking at his facebook to do any work. I even showed him where it said that copies could be made and he still said no. I voiced my opinion as I was leaving the store and I was not nice about it. 

Ok here is my problem. I purchased a  pattern from Scroller. I went to FedEx copy to get a copy made and they told me I could not get a copy because I need written permission from scroller to get copies. I though if it stated that copies could be made that they could be made any where. They told me it was so I could make copies at home. The pattern is too large for my printer. am I going to have this problem everytime I get a pattern that is too large for my printer and need a copy . This seem really stupid . they are not buying the pattern all I am getting from them is the ink and paper. Thanks for any clarification

Mimi 

I don't fool around with print shops ?Rapiresizer.com has done all i ask for 14 years

I use FedX all the time but i do my own copies. The self serve machines will do 11 X17 and they also have a plotter which can make any size copies as long as you know how to use it. I have copied full size blueprints off that thing and have had no problem. I also have done in the past taken a pattern if too big and draw lines through it and copy sections. Then when I need the full size pattern I put together and tape like a puzzle. 

It used to be when I first started that the copiers were not that accurate and would distort or stretch or shrink the pattern in odd ways. With todays copiers they are pretty darn accurate. 

I use a local UPS store and they are great. They will let me experiment with different sizes that will conform with the size wood I am working with. They even keep a folder on their in house computer if  I  want to come back for more copies later. A few of the counter people have even asked about buying some of my projects. Best bet. change your copy store.

I had a similar issue with a staples store.  After a couple years of taking patterns in and having them digitized, a new person refused to do some for me.  I went down the street to FedEx and they did it with no issues.  AND it cost me less.   I digitize all my patterns so that I can save to originals without damage, and can manipulate the size of a pattern, or even take just part of it  for different projects if needed.  Saves a lot of hassle by printing the areas needed on my Home PC when needing copies for Intarsia.