Just for the HOWL of it!

rjR

Made from scrap  1/2" plywood and a little raiding of the firewood pile. (maple-I think)

The pattern was a free clip art silhouette that I modified to be this guy. The changes were to the head shape, the mouth, the chest, the tail, the legs and the body! I added the eye, and even changed the shape of the ears too. All the cut-outs are my design too.  By now I think I can call it my pattern.

It is approximately 5 by 6-3/4 inches. The finish is a quick spray of polyurethane.

The torching effect was done very lightly.

As wolves/dogs seem to be well liked, I may try to sell some of these also. I do like the live edge for this too.

It was fun to see what I could do to the pattern.

Pricing advice will be appreciated too.

post-2363-0-38109300-1474866012_thumb.jpg

Edited by rjR

Made from scrap  1/2" plywood and a little raiding of the firewood pile. (maple-I think)

The pattern was a free clip art silhouette that I modified to be this guy. The changes were to the head shape, the mouth, the chest, the tail, the legs and the body! I added the eye, and even changed the shape of the ears too. All the cut-outs are my design too.  By now I think I can call it my pattern.

It is approximately 5 by 6-3/4 inches. The finish is a quick spray of polyurethane.

The torching effect was done very lightly.

As wolves/dogs seem to be well liked, I may try to sell some of these also. I do like the live edge for this too.

It was fun to see what I could do to the pattern.

Pricing advice will be appreciated too.

Very, very nice Ralph and the grain in the plywood you used for the wolf looks like fur. Well done.

Rob Roy.

Edited by Rob Roy

Luck2== As I modified almost everything; including the overall shape slightly! I was not trying to take "credit" the original was an artist unknown and unlabeled anyway!
The changes were to the head shape, the mouth, the chest, the tail, the legs and the body! I added the eye, and even changed the shape of the ears too. All the cut-outs are my design too.

The pointing the nose to the sky was the same general direction, even at a slightly different angle! I stand on my statement!

Edited by rjR