Finished birdhouses

Jim McDonald

Got the majority of my Christmas presents cut when I finished these birdhouses.  A few cut from maple--which just about killed my saw--but the most are poplar.  I found some 1 3/8" poplar square dowels at the lumber yard that had some coloration in them, meaning most people would have passed them by.

This is not as many as some have cut and it more than I originally aimed for, but I was having a pretty good time doing them.  Thanks to Diana for a great set of patterns.

Now onto some stack cut fretwork ornaments.

post-29235-0-61599200-1475451979_thumb.jpg

post-29235-0-52809700-1475452011_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jim McDonald

Got the majority of my Christmas presents cut when I finished these birdhouses.  A few cut from maple--which just about killed my saw--but the most are poplar.  I found some 1 3/8" poplar square dowels at the lumber yard that had some coloration in them, meaning most people would have passed them by.

This is not as many as some have cut and it more than I originally aimed for, but I was having a pretty good time doing them.  Thanks to Diana for a great set of patterns.

Now onto some stack cut fretwork ornaments.

watch the birdy,nice work!!!!