Blades for cutting copper?

Iguanadon

I have a vendor friend at the farmers market who makes copper bracelets and he'd like to try cutting some designs in the copper.  

Here is a similar image of what he makes.  http://www.billythetree.com/altJewelryCollection/22842l.jpg

What blade is recommended for this?  Standard skip tooth blade?  #5?

I told him I'd be happy to help him test trying this before he invests in a scroll saw, etc.

Any suggestions and recommendations are appreciated.

Iggy

Almost any blade will cut copper, but smaller is better.

When I cut metal I always sandwich it between two pieces of 1/8" ply. The metal will have a tendency to get caught on the blade and bend if not supported well. A zero clearance table would probably help.

I would cut the copper prior to the hammering and shaping. You will want to do something to finish the edges of the finished cut so they are not sharp.

I have a vendor friend at the farmers market who makes copper bracelets and he'd like to try cutting some designs in the copper.  

Here is a similar image of what he makes.  http://www.billythetree.com/altJewelryCollection/22842l.jpg

What blade is recommended for this?  Standard skip tooth blade?  #5?

I told him I'd be happy to help him test trying this before he invests in a scroll saw, etc.

Any suggestions and recommendations are appreciated.

Iggy

Good of you to help out for a good cause