Delta scroll saw

DukeNukem

Have then delta saw use it evey day about 4 - 6 hours retired medical so it gives me something to do . I really like so far no proble othe rthan the switch went out easy fix  called ACE  Hardwear fixed in about twenty mins. been running fine since. I have cut from 1/8" to 2"    paper  plexi glass wood   corian     made oranaments to puzzloes  and no problem with any      Studyjerri@yahoo.com

I am well pleased with mine. I think with most brands, unpack it and start it to make sure it runs OK. Next, disassemble it and apply synthetic grease to all the bearings. That is one area where the manufacturers gyp you.

In doing so, you will need to remove the nut from the motor shaft. THAT IS A LEFT HANDED THREAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Schematics for the Dewalt 788 and the Delta appear that they are identical. Price and color are different.

jerry

I am well pleased with mine. I think with most brands, unpack it and start it to make sure it runs OK. Next, disassemble it and apply synthetic grease to all the bearings. That is one area where the manufacturers gyp you.

In doing so, you will need to remove the nut from the motor shaft. THAT IS A LEFT HANDED THREAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Schematics for the Dewalt 788 and the Delta appear that they are identical. Price and color are different.

jerry

Yes i agree they need to be regreased with said car axle  grease.Dewalt gained nothing with the watch grease they put in the bearings that only lasts  about a year,then the knocking noises start to appear

The one key difference between the current Delta and the DeWalt is that the Delta has a built in mechanism for holding up the top arm for fretwork, while the DeWalt requires an aftermarket accessory to accomplish this.  I have no idea if this is better or not, just wanted to point it out.  When Delta first released their new model scrollsaw (40-690) a few years ago, it was an exact clone of the DeWalt, just with gray paint.  After a year or two, they introduced the current model (40-694) with the arm lift feature added.

I've been using this saw for about two years, probably have close to 1000 hours on it and have had zero problems.  I greased all the bearings in mine about a year after I bought it after a post I read here and it works like a charm.  Someday I'll probably upgrade to a better saw, but my Delta has been a champ.