display hanging

rljohn56

i need some tips or ideas for hanging some of my projects.  Since most of my projects that i want to hang is made from 1/4 inch baltic birch plywood i'm having a hard time finding screws short enough that they won't protrude to the other side when mounting hanging hardware. I'm leery of adhesive to stick the hardware to the wood for fear of it giving up and all that i worked for crashing to the ground. any suggestions will be appreciated.  thanks, ray

There are several things you can do. The use of a cleat glued to the back as mentioned above would work. Adding a backer board will also thicken the piece.

You can also mount your piece to a picture frame and use the hanger that comes with it.

You can use a D ring type hanger glued with a product called E 6000. It is a thick adhisive that bonds anything to anything. I use it all the time without any failure. You can find it at any craft store.

Lots of ways to do it!

The best method is probably using wood glue and securing a small piece where the hook will go just to beef it up a tad.  They sell small screws as small as you need them. 

I buy from here.  www.smallboxhardware.com/prodview.lasso?searchfor=Fasteners&showtype=thumbs&searchitem=brass&shop=60&howMany=64.0&-session=Site_Preferences:47ACCE3418c2834480IKN3348705

i need some tips or ideas for hanging some of my projects.  Since most of my projects that i want to hang is made from 1/4 inch baltic birch plywood i'm having a hard time finding screws short enough that they won't protrude to the other side when mounting hanging hardware. I'm leery of adhesive to stick the hardware to the wood for fear of it giving up and all that i worked for crashing to the ground. any suggestions will be appreciated.  thanks, ray

I never heard of it untill yesterday.I was asked to pick some up for a customer,she swears by it