Photo inserts

DukeNukem

I just bought a few from the WTB. they just came in and they look very classy (just the clock insert but no clocks).

I bought the 2" ones and a cut one of Steve Good's patterns which show a 1-7/8 cutout. I must have made the hole a little too small (I don't have any forstner bits). I guess I will have to sand until the clock insert fits snug.

Sam

Wildwood 1-7/16" photo insert is #27051 I will be calling them Monday because I need some 2" photo inserts and I can not find the # They have been doing away with many of their inserts and it is really getting bad. I will also try to talk with someone of importance and see what their plans are in the future. 

Wildwood 1-7/16" photo insert is #27051 I will be calling them Monday because I need some 2" photo inserts and I can not find the # They have been doing away with many of their inserts and it is really getting bad. I will also try to talk with someone of importance and see what their plans are in the future. 

JT let us know about the results. I have been using Klock-It but always looking for others places to work with.

JT let us know about the results. I have been using Klock-It but always looking for others places to work with.

I sure will report back. I did not get a chance today. I had just ordered some clock inserts from them last week. The very first 2 I went to use did not work. Maybe old stock or returns and just put back on the shelf. I replaced the batteries and still nothing. So this got me in the try them all mode. Had to replace the batteries on 90% of them but all others worked and i ran for 48 hours. They now owe me a boat load of batteries and 2 2" inserts.

I have noticed since they merged with Cherry Tree the business is not the same. I never had a problem with clock inserts for they use to check them before sending out. They have done away with a ton of inserts. They no longer sell any sports, Fire Dept, flags in 2" and so many more. This is truly disappointing and I need to find out their plans. Their web site even stinks. It use to so user friendly and everything had a photo as soon as you clicked on a category. They use to offer quantity discounts and now stopped all that and took an average price and that is what they are sold at. They are still cheaper than most vendors though. 

The problem is no one else now carries the inserts they stopped with either. Maybe the distributor stopped making them. I use to know a dealer in the US that designed and sold special inserts but they are not in business any more. I only wish I had known all this before I got sick. I would have stock piled because i use so many different themed clock inserts in my projects.

I hopefully will find something out tomorrow.  

I sure will report back. I did not get a chance today. I had just ordered some clock inserts from them last week. The very first 2 I went to use did not work. Maybe old stock or returns and just put back on the shelf. I replaced the batteries and still nothing. So this got me in the try them all mode. Had to replace the batteries on 90% of them but all others worked and i ran for 48 hours. They now owe me a boat load of batteries and 2 2" inserts.

I have noticed since they merged with Cherry Tree the business is not the same. I never had a problem with clock inserts for they use to check them before sending out. They have done away with a ton of inserts. They no longer sell any sports, Fire Dept, flags in 2" and so many more. This is truly disappointing and I need to find out their plans. Their web site even stinks. It use to so user friendly and everything had a photo as soon as you clicked on a category. They use to offer quantity discounts and now stopped all that and took an average price and that is what they are sold at. They are still cheaper than most vendors though. 

The problem is no one else now carries the inserts they stopped with either. Maybe the distributor stopped making them. I use to know a dealer in the US that designed and sold special inserts but they are not in business any more. I only wish I had known all this before I got sick. I would have stock piled because i use so many different themed clock inserts in my projects.

I hopefully will find something out tomorrow.  

WOW. Didn't know about the merger. Great information though. PLEASE keep us up to date. It's a shame what is happening to the market anymore :(

I just got off the phone with Wildwood/Cherry tree to follow up what I had mentioned on here and I am steaming. Talked to the head of sales who was a women and sounded like an older person so I did not want to jump all over her. I asked to speak to someone with higher authority but she would not put me in touch with anyone and just told me to email the sales dept and they will read my complaint.  I told her yes then they hit delete. She insisted they never had a sports line of 2-3/4" inserts or half of the others I mentioned to her. She has been there 11 years and told her she was mistaken. Then she tells me that the batteries in the inserts are not warranted. So they send me 23 inserts with dead batteries and now I have to buy batteries. When I bought them I bought with the intention of putting right into my project.  

I will say this that vendor has lost my business. I will not promote them any more. My confidence in them is shot and if I deal with someone I need to be sure they will support what they sell. I may have to pay a little more up front but if I can get satisfaction then I am OK with that. As far as inserts that are not offered any more I will have to deal with that.

I wish all well who deal with them. Wildwood was a great company to work with but something major changed and not for the better. Sorry for the rant.