Blade Storage

Rockytime

I'm sure this has been asked many times but here it goes again. I have about 15 different blades and need a convenient way to store them. I currently store then in 1/2" PVC tubes. It works. I presume they will narrow down to just a few favorites after experimenting a while. Just curious what other scrollers are doing.

I'm too lazy to go out to the workshop and take a picture, but it was posted years ago.  I made "a spice rack," and use empty water bottles.  Printed blade style & size and taped it on the bottles.  The bottles have indented rings.  I put a rubber band around the top & bottom.  Store "slightly used" blades under the rubber bands.

Also, when changing blade style, I put that bottle in the rack upside down, and can see at a glance where to find a match, when that blade wears out.

jerry

I tried the plastic tubes It was all right but when turning them upside down more than one blade ended up on the work bench, So now I use 3 drawers in a mechanistic tool box each drawer has a divider in it  and that works out fine I only have 6 balded that i use . the other drawers are used for small drills and such.

IKE

I order my blades from the FD site, they come in small poly bags. I leave the blades in those bags, as they have a nice clear label that lets you know what blade you are using. I store the bags of blades in a metal box that used to be for storing drill bits in, it sits beside my saw so it's always within reach. 

Len

I order my blades from the FD site, they come in small poly bags. I leave the blades in those bags, as they have a nice clear label that lets you know what blade you are using. I store the bags of blades in a metal box that used to be for storing drill bits in, it sits beside my saw so it's always within reach. 

Len

is used to leave them in the bag but it got hard to read after going in the bags so offen