Paging all EX21 mechanics to the maintain's shop...please.

bronx

I have an EX21 which I brought off of Craig's list for an awesome price. I test ran it and all seem to be fine. I'm every new to this hobby so with that I thought the saw was fine...lol

Anyways when I got the saw home I noticed the upper arm would not stay up. I thought maybe some thing came loose in transit. I read up on it and loosened up on the nut and tightened the screw.

Re- tightened the nut and when on my merry way with cutting many of pieces without any problems.

Now I have his squeal that is deafening when pulling up the arm or bring it back down. I tried to make another adjustment with the same nut and screw but i'm having no luck with at all.

Sometimes it's so tight I can't even bring up the arm. I'm either stuck with the squeal or stuck without the arm staying up by itself. Either way this should not be taking place.

Did I over tighten the screw and damage something...? Or could it be i'm just not adjusting it right...? Or am i totally looking in the wrong place to fix my EX21...?

Has anyone encountered these problems...? If so how or where did you get it fix...?

Thanks in advance for the replies

Ciao

Bronx.

Bronx

Here is the procedure straight from the manual for adjusting the upper arm

1)  Removed the blade and with the upper arm down set the arm more or less parallel to the saw table

2)  Loosen lock nut B

3) Turn the adjuster screw clockwise 1/4 of a turn at a time B until there is just enough resistance to hold the arm in the raised position. 

4) Retighten the lock nut and check again to make sure the upper arm will now stay up when lifted. If not repeat these steps using 1/4 turn adjustments on the screw.

NOTE: Do not over tighten the adjustment screw! Over tightening the adjustment screw will apply too much tension and prevent the free movement of the arm during operations causing damage to your saw.

Hope this helps. 

This verbatim straight from the factory manual.