Im back and slowly starting again

tmbits

Hello everyone in the village! As some may recall I have mentioned in my posts that my wife and I care for her dad full-time and work full-time. I had requested some designs and everyone came through in a massive way for me. Shortly into those projects my saw broke....then so did I. I was told its called "care giver burnout". Hard to describe or explain to anyone. But in short it amounted to not caring about anything. Just barely having the energy to get up in the morning and making it to work alone was purely exhausting. After a great deal of counselling and help I think i'm back. WHY would I share something THIS personal on an open forum? Because I'm tired of anything to do with mental illness being labelled as something to be ashamed of or "weak". And I KNOW theres more just like me here! You are NOT weak and you should NEVER be ashamed to say 'Ã cant do this anymore...please help me'

Anyways I AM back and I'm going to fire up my workshop today and play! I wanted the people of this fantastic community to know that I did NOT just "come in....grab some designs...and run" I just ran into a wall. :)

I look so forward to beginning again to look at and share some works. You guys ARE wonderful...each and everyone! 

Thank you for listening. Its time to get back at it! I hope everyone's day goes well. And if you want to talk about what you just read? Feel you may have some issues and are not sure what to do? PM me. Sometimes its just good to talk to someone thats been there.

Happy scrolling friends!!!

Tim

Tim, Pleased to hear you are handling the 'grind'. 

Prayers help... really help.

My prayers that you both having the strength, fortitude and spirit to deal with what life presents.

God will hold us in the hollow of His hand and when we ask, He will help us through the hard times.

A smile on your face in the morning will bring encouragement to your Wife and she will give you strength.

Welcome back Tim.  Sorry about your saw, hope it's fixed now.  And I'm glad you managed to get help and to sort out your head.  We are hear to listen, if you need us to be. Like they say a problem shared is a problem halved.  Now get out there and start cutting.

Marg

Welcome Back Tim.  I hope that your saw is fixed and you can find some comfort in me time in its use to bring you joy and happiness. Thank you for sharing a small bit of your walk and issues.  You are right, mental health is a topic not discussed nearly enough.  I had my mother pass away from Alzheimer's back in April.  It was a long hard, difficult situation on her and myself and my sisters who were her caregivers.  It is an ugly disease that takes its toll on everyone involved.  I found the saw has helped me find a focus that I needed.  I pray for you and your wife and your father in law and pray that you can deal with the issues at hand, day by day.

Thank you everyone for your prayers, thoughts and encouragement! That's another reason I love it here. Everyone supports everyone no matter whether its personal or saw. And yes I am currently working on a wolf design from the Village Pattern. I'll be selling it at a fundraising auction to raise attention to the mental health area. Again, thank you so very much! I will be posting my progress on this as I go on. I used to punch some out in a few hours but I still find myself absolutely exhausted after just a small time. BUT incredibly peaceful so I just take many breaks. Wishing ALL of you many blessings and a great day!!

Tim

Edited by tmbits