cell phone still won't transfer photos

amazingkevin

I ran into a similar problem when I upgraded my phone to a Samsung 5 (battery) and Windows 10. I connect my phone to the computer via a USB cable. There is a pulldown menu at the top of the phone and it will display that I am connected to my network and that is charging via a USB cable. Select USB cable charging option and there will be several options, Charging, File Transfer, Photo Transfer, Software Installation, Midi and Media device. Select Photo Transfer and it should allow you to go to your file explorer and it will display your phone (Mine is SAMSUNG SM 900V)It will display PHONE and CARD. Check both and go the DCIM folder. Depending where you save your pictures,  it should bring up all your photos on your phone in one of those folders. There may be additional folders in the DCIM folder and go to the one called CAMERA. You should be able to do a copy/paste on the ones you want and transfer to your computer. Hope this helps.

I ran into a similar problem when I upgraded my phone to a Samsung 5 (battery) and Windows 10. I connect my phone to the computer via a USB cable. There is a pulldown menu at the top of the phone and it will display that I am connected to my network and that is charging via a USB cable. Select USB cable charging option and there will be several options, Charging, File Transfer, Photo Transfer, Software Installation, Midi and Media device. Select Photo Transfer and it should allow you to go to your file explorer and it will display your phone (Mine is SAMSUNG SM 900V)It will display PHONE and CARD. Check both and go the DCIM folder. Depending where you save your pictures,  it should bring up all your photos on your phone in one of those folders. There may be additional folders in the DCIM folder and go to the one called CAMERA. You should be able to do a copy/paste on the ones you want and transfer to your computer. Hope this helps.

Thanks friend i've copyed what you said and will study it before i try,Thanks

I usually just send the picture via email from my phone to my computer using Gmail.

Here's another problem i have Gmail,years ago "friends" gave me a name an password for 2 different accounts with g mail.Well i lost the friends and the passwords too.Resently i was able to delete on account but not the other thru" G,co/recover" so i'm still up a creek with no paddle and cannot use play store at all or anything else that asks for my password.Thanks

I use to be able to transfer my photos from my camera to the computer and for some reason this has not worked. Not sure if the cable is bad or not. But what I do now and is very easy to do with camera or phone and that is pull the card and use a usb adapter to read the card. Works great. I can then pick and choose what photos I want to save and make a file folder or add to existing folder. 

I use to be able to transfer my photos from my camera to the computer and for some reason this has not worked. Not sure if the cable is bad or not. But what I do now and is very easy to do with camera or phone and that is pull the card and use a usb adapter to read the card. Works great. I can then pick and choose what photos I want to save and make a file folder or add to existing folder. 

The girl at the phone store gave my one ,now i need to unpack more stuff to find the new ones i bought on sale at wal mart ,they just wanted a buck per card reader and they read many different cards all in one usb.Best idea yet for simplicity ,thanks

I use Dropbox. It's an app you install on your phone and then on your computer and it will automatically transfer any photo's you take from your phone to your computer when they are connected to the internet. I have my set to only use WI-FI and not my wireless plan, that would take way too much data. But if you are lucky enough to have unlimited data that would be the way to go. It's a simple set up and totally worth it. 

The girl at the phone store gave my one ,now i need to unpack more stuff to find the new ones i bought on sale at wal mart ,they just wanted a buck per card reader and they read many different cards all in one usb.Best idea yet for simplicity ,thanks

You got that right. Just a warning when you plug into the computer make sure you follow instructions to unplug or else it will delete photos. Want to see that safe to disconnect sign before pulling the usb out. 

I use Dropbox. It's an app you install on your phone and then on your computer and it will automatically transfer any photo's you take from your phone to your computer when they are connected to the internet. I have my set to only use WI-FI and not my wireless plan, that would take way too much data. But if you are lucky enough to have unlimited data that would be the way to go. It's a simple set up and totally worth it. 

I think drop box sounds like a good thing thanks