A few more things

scrollerpete

The bowl is a different pattern that I found during my travel, made of Black cherry, still have to apply the finish

The welcome sign is a commission work, I have this slab of oak for awhile and decided that it will be a good choice for this, also have to apply the finish (2 to 3 coats of Tung oil).

I'm pleased with the result so far. Pattern by Sue Mey.

post-27606-0-60583400-1478800142_thumb.jpg

post-27606-0-13063900-1478800149_thumb.jpg

post-27606-0-42155700-1478800157_thumb.jpg

post-27606-0-12827500-1478800165_thumb.jpg

Great work!
Do you use tung oil often? I really like your cabin sign and would hate to see it

harmed by a bad finish so, I hope you test the finish on a piece of scrap first.

The reason I brought it up is because a friend of mine made a beautiful intarsia

piece and parts of it turned really, really black when he applied tung oil.

I don't know if that happens frequently and I have to make a disclaimer here that

I have never used tung oil myself. I'm just trying to prevent any unfortunate mis-haps.

Once again, great work on both of the pieces and that Welcome Cabin is fantastic!

God Bless! Spirithorse

The bowl is a different pattern that I found during my travel, made of Black cherry, still have to apply the finish

The welcome sign is a commission work, I have this slab of oak for awhile and decided that it will be a good choice for this, also have to apply the finish (2 to 3 coats of Tung oil).

I'm pleased with the result so far. Pattern by Sue Mey.

More great ideas my friend,Real keepsakes items,quality cuts too.

Great work!

Do you use tung oil often? I really like your cabin sign and would hate to see it

harmed by a bad finish so, I hope you test the finish on a piece of scrap first.

The reason I brought it up is because a friend of mine made a beautiful intarsia

piece and parts of it turned really, really black when he applied tung oil.

I don't know if that happens frequently and I have to make a disclaimer here that

I have never used tung oil myself. I'm just trying to prevent any unfortunate mis-haps.

Once again, great work on both of the pieces and that Welcome Cabin is fantastic!

God Bless! Spirithorse

Yes I use Tung oil and it turns out very nice, on a slab of oak it really brings the grain of the wood out and the more coats the more shine.

Thanks for the nice comments but might have to cut another sign.

After I finished brushing one coat of Tung oil on it I decided to used a piece of thin wire to suspend it to dry, guess what, the bent wire straight itself out and the plaque fell on the cement floor, broke in 6 pieces (will not go into what came out of my mouth at that time) I thing it can be glue back, because the break was clean and the wood is oak.

Will buy some instant wood clue and give it a shot if it does not work, will find another piece of wood and another 4 hours on the scroll saw will do it.

Thanks for the nice comments but might have to cut another sign.

After I finished brushing one coat of Tung oil on it I decided to used a piece of thin wire to suspend it to dry, guess what, the bent wire straight itself out and the plaque fell on the cement floor, broke in 6 pieces (will not go into what came out of my mouth at that time) I thing it can be glue back, because the break was clean and the wood is oak.

Will buy some instant wood clue and give it a shot if it does not work, will find another piece of wood and another 4 hours on the scroll saw will do it.

I can only imagine the words that would have come out of my mouth should that happen! I am so sorry but I hope that you are able to put it back together again just like Humpty Dumpty. I agree,both are excellent projects but the cabin one just made me wish I had a cabin to hang it in. Thanks for sharing your photos and your heartbreak.

Edited to fix multiple typos thanks to trying to post from my IPad.

Edited by meflick