What the heck is going on?

Dave Monk

I really did not know where to ask this question. All of the files that I have saved in Inkscape are now are in a totally different format. When I click on them they open like a PDF file.  When I used to click on them they would open in inkscape.  Does anyone have any idea what is going on with my computer? dave

you may have changed something when you were opening another program or something like that, IDK, but you can fix that by going to a .svg file and right clicking on it and then choose, "Open With" and then choose "Default Program" and from the drop down list, choose the program you want all .svg files to open with.    Give that a try Dave.

That is assuming you have Windows.  I think in XP it used to be something that said "Do you want to use this program to open all files...  or something like that.  I have 8.1, so not sure what 10 will say.

Russell

LOL, mines in the shop for a new keyboard and i went to pick it up and you can't see the screen now,oh boy everybodys got computer problems  it looks like .

I really did not know where to ask this question. All of the files that I have saved in Inkscape are now are in a totally different format. When I click on them they open like a PDF file.  When I used to click on them they would open in inkscape.  Does anyone have any idea what is going on with my computer? dave