Bad luck with my Dewalt.

Dave Monk

I posted previously that the bearing went out of my saw in about the first ten months. Since it was under warranty I took it to a service center to get it repaired. After two weeks they called and said it fixed. Last Wednesday I went to pick it up. Before I left I looked it over good and could tell that there was still a problem with the bottom blade holder.  I was pretty upset but did my best to be nice. They told me to take the saw home and use it until they could get me a new one. It usually pays to be nice. I am so ready to get it. This one sounds like it is ready to fly apart. I better learn to lube and work on the new one. dave

I posted previously that the bearing went out of my saw in about the first ten months. Since it was under warranty I took it to a service center to get it repaired. After two weeks they called and said it fixed. Last Wednesday I went to pick it up. Before I left I looked it over good and could tell that there was still a problem with the bottom blade holder.  I was pretty upset but did my best to be nice. They told me to take the saw home and use it until they could get me a new one. It usually pays to be nice. I am so ready to get it. This one sounds like it is ready to fly apart. I better learn to lube and work on the new one. dave

I'm a firm believer in lubing the dw788 right out of the box.They use too thin a grease .What 's wrong with thicker car axle grease .nothing but it will last a long long time

Kevin, you may be a firm believer in greasing the saw right out of the box. But, do you realize that doing so, will negate the warranty? If Dave had greased his saw on his own, I doubt that warranty would do anything for him. These saws come with sealed bearings, greasing them when they are new is useless. Yes, I can understand and agree with greasing them, once there is no longer any warranty. And if the saw has seen substantial use, because then there may be some wear.

Len