Cutting plastic.

hawkeye10

If your inserts already have a hole in them using a forstner  bit probably won't work anyway as it will not stay centered.   I cut plastic with FD polar blades run at slow speed with packing tape on top to help cool the blade to prevent the plastic from melting.   Works for me.

wouldn't it be just as easy to figure out how much "a little bigger" ya want it, & drill it out to that size? Even if you need to go to a metric size, that hole will be permanent. Or, make a jig the size you're after, & cut the hole size on the scroll saw. There's lots of ways to get it done if ya want it done bad enough

I cut polycarbonate and acrylic with an Oldon skip tooth blade and it works pretty well.  I'd probably be inclined to use a Forstner bit to get a cleaner, more accurate cut.  Might take a little fiddling to get it lined up, but you should be able to get it centered accurately enough.  The plastic on mine is pretty soft.  I suspect they are made that way, so as to be forgiving should a bit come in contact with the insert.  I don't think a Forstner bit would have any problem with it.  If you had a drum sander, you could probably open the hole up with that as well, especially if you were just removing a little material.  Several ways to skin this cat.