safety tip

kardar2

hello all,

I have a safety tip for some of you. if you already have a disc sander you most likely found out the hard way like I did. I bought a 10" bench top disc sander and I have used it a few time. Well I had a 1/4 piece of wood

4 "x 4" that I was sanding and so there was not a lot of stock to hold on to so was putting pressure on it and the next thing I knew is the wood was flying through the air and my finger tip were being sanded. Man you talk about painful the moral of this is use your palm sander for thin wood and lay it flat on the bench.

Been there and yes it hurts! I've trimmed down many of fingernails on the belt sander, too. It usually happens when I'm doing lots of little pieces and get complacent. I hope you still have feeling in your fingers.

Dan

At the office supply store, you can get these little rubber tips for your fingers. It is about 2" long. I think people who sort a lot of papers use them. Anyway, I've seen some people who use them when sanding, too. It provides a better grip. Plus, if your fingers go a little too far, at least its removing rubber and not flesh! People who use the rubber finger pads often use tape to tape them to their finger for extra security.

At the office supply store, you can get these little rubber tips for your fingers. It is about 2" long. I think people who sort a lot of papers use them. Anyway, I've seen some people who use them when sanding, too. It provides a better grip. Plus, if your fingers go a little too far, at least its removing rubber and not flesh! People who use the rubber finger pads often use tape to tape them to their finger for extra security.

thanks for the tip Travis