inkscape

bandaideman

Just curious how many trys and views of the tutorials did you, who are like me  not computer able other than forumns and that is a brain strain. I am most interested on the last name with first name in side of that. Travis the tutorial is great but I just seem to miss something. along the way and it falls apart. I am not complaining just wondered if I am the only one who is not quite getting it on the many trys I have made. I will keep trying until I get it,

Hi Dan:

If at all possible print out the tutorial

If you can't print it, then go to the video and start writing down the steps

Pause the video, write it down so you will understand what you wrote

Then follow the steps

It's called a cheat sheet, and it comes in handy when you been away for awhile

and go back to it

Fab4

Well guys with your incouragement I was able to generate a pattern. Until I cookie cut I get to the delete the node part. I watch it but it  goes fast for me so I see the box around the are and it disappears but I do not see what we should click push punch what ever to make it disapear.  I saved it and when I went back to it the inner names and the outer (last name) do not seem to like each other and will split apart. I have gotten past where I have joined the "red" name inner and the "black " last name but never to being able to select the gray and cookie cut. However, I seem to do something that does not leave the inside joined to the outside and I can move them as one once then they come apart and I can not get them together. I will give another go at it and see if I can complete it to the end next time. At least I am having fun and I almost have it memorized. well at my age that ain't gonna happen. Just a progress report but if some one can tell me what we hit ti make node area delete that would help. Thank you for encouragement.

Dan,

Things you are possibly not aware of;

Every time you complete a portion, hit SAVE. You remember the saying, "Jesus Saves." Later, if you mess up, Close Without Saving. Re-open and you get back to your last save.

Another thing you can do if you mess up is EDIT - UNDO LAST MOVE. (You can keep doing this as needed.)

To delete the Red, often it is hard to find the sweet spot for clicking the Red. When you do, look on the lower left to see if you have in fact found the Red.

Most importantly, when looking for the Red, enlarge the heck out of the screen. You can either use the plus key on your keyboard or use the magnifying tool. I find this works wonders.

Hope this helps Friend.

jerry

Dave that is what I have been doing and making more successful attempts. Dan that is a nice offer and I may want to take you up on it but would be happy to do the driving there if I don't get this sorted out. After the holidays and wheather better may want to meet up some day anyway. Thank you for the kind offer. I will keep you posted. The teen grand kids are coming for Christmas and are much more learned in this stuff than I and will see what they can figure out if need be and If I can get them to put down the cell phones long enough.