Time to upgrade

Framer

I have used a delta for12-13 years.its on its last leg and i was cutting an indian maiden pattern so i went to my mom's and used her dewalt788. WOW if i had tried that years ago i would have had one a long time ago. Could not believe the difference. First time i have ever top-fed a blade.that. is the way to go.

I have used a dewalt for about a year now. I am on my second one. First one was replaced a month ago under warranty because the bearings were out of it. I use it about 6 hours a day. I will be looking to buy something more heavy duty within the next year. I do like the saw just not built for that kind of use Only my opinion. dave

Jason, buy as good a brand of saw as you can afford, don't settle. Do some testing if possible, try to try out other saws. Yes the Dewalt is a nice saw, but, I think a EX is nicer. I've tried both, and I purchased an EX21 as I found it to be a much nicer saw. Yes, it is more expensive, but you have to spend money to get quality.

Len

I have used a delta for12-13 years.its on its last leg and i was cutting an indian maiden pattern so i went to my mom's and used her dewalt788. WOW if i had tried that years ago i would have had one a long time ago. Could not believe the difference. First time i have ever top-fed a blade.that. is the way to go.

My first time using a dw788 ,i turned it on and waited for the noise to start.I was amazed it was running and silent.I've used low buck saws a long and never knew there was better.Me too,had i known i would have begged ,borrowed and stole to get a dw788

I use the DW788 at our club and an EX-21 at home and it like comparing a Chevy (DW) to a caddy. (EX).  They both get the job done but the ride is much nicer with the EX.

I know Excalibur are not in production but in Canada you can get an Excelsior which is the same.  In the US I would watch closely for the new Seyco machine.

My 2 cents.

I remember the first time I top feed, it was like night and day! I swore I would never go back to bottom feeding, and I haven't in nearly twenty years! I'm glad you saw the light!

Ditto.

The above responses remind me of when I was in elementary school. Us boys would argue for hours about which is better, Ford or Chevy. Looking back, each of us was sure that what we had WAS THE BEST.

We also had an auto dealer that would tell a prospective buyer (about a particular vehicle he wanted to sell), "Buts that's the ONLY one I have that you would really look good in."

My 2 cents worth is to pick a brand that you look good sitting in front of.

jerry

Edited by jerry1939