Modern puzzle patterns for kids.

hawkeye10

I have been looking for puzzle patterns for kids. Something that is popular today like Star Wars. I know Star War puzzles would be popular but that is about all. At 74 years old I just don't know what they like.   :sad:   I really don't under stand why companies like TWB aren't trying to draw these and sell them. I also think they would sell at craft shows.

Sorry Don, not much help here.  My kiddos are now 20 and 21 so beyond puzzles and hard to keep up with what is new and out there and "hip" for the kids.  Be careful with things like Star Wars and selling them at craft shows though.  Would hate to see you get in trouble with the copyright police.

Unfortunately Don most of the things that are popular with the kids (Star Wars) are under very strict copyright and making them to sell is not allowed.  It would cost companies like WTB a fortune for the rights to make the patterns to sell and even if you bought the pattern and made something from it you wouldn't be able to sell what you made without having a license yourself.  Copyright law can get very confusing.

Are you looking to make jigsaw puzzles? A lot of folks that make them get images from calendars to make puzzles. If you find Star War calendars that is one route to could go. Other things that that are popular are sports and truck for boys.

Are you looking to make jigsaw puzzles? A lot of folks that make them get images from calendars to make puzzles. If you find Star War calendars that is one route to could go. Other things that that are popular are sports and truck for boys.

I want to make the stand up type puzzle. I just like doing that. It's Iggy's fault.   :lol:

Don, if you're looking for something that might sell, then I recommend that you cut the dog image puzzles. They are stand up puzzles, and there's all kinds of breeds to cut. People like buying the puzzle image of their dogs, they like it even more if the puzzle has the dogs name or breed used for the puzzle pieces. There's others who sell quite a few of these puzzles, I would be making them if I lived in a more populated area.

Len

I tried those dog puzzles 9 years ago and went on to other puzzles. They did not sell very well for me.  I think they were called Woodimals by Jim Sweet. There were other designs besides dogs.

I now only carry some of the more popular breeds - dachshund, golden retriever, poodle, terrier, and lab. But NOT in the Woodimal style with the name built in. just stand up puzzles. I had to design the poodle and terrier puzzles and they are  Pickens Puzzles originals.

I have been looking for puzzle patterns for kids. Something that is popular today like Star Wars. I know Star War puzzles would be popular but that is about all. At 74 years old I just don't know what they like.   :sad:   I really don't under stand why companies like TWB aren't trying to draw these and sell them. I also think they would sell at craft shows.

google kids puzzles for ideas?