Flat blades

Sparkey

I was using some small blades to cut out my bowls. They were hard to control so I bought some Olson crown tooth blades to try. They cut nice, we're very easy to control and almost didn't need to sand after but cut too slow. I just bought some Olson Mach Speed Univ 5R blades. Haven't had a chance to try them yet.

Rusty, what brand were the first blades you were using? I've used the Crown tooth blades in the past, they were a nice working blade. I used them to do some 3-D cutting, they worked great for that type of cutting. I'm interested in what you think of the Olson blades, I didn't care for the Olson blades so I switched to the FD brand. 

Len

I will have to look for them online. I don't remember seeing them at Woodcraft.

If you like Olsons, try http://www.sloanwoodshop.com

They are scrollsaw centric and very good to work with.  They also have a storefront if your ever in TN, only Scrollsaw Storefront I know of.

Edited by hotshot

I was using some small blades to cut out my bowls. They were hard to control so I bought some Olson crown tooth blades to try. They cut nice, we're very easy to control and almost didn't need to sand after but cut too slow. I just bought some Olson Mach Speed Univ 5R blades. Haven't had a chance to try them yet.

Rusty you might like those Olson Mach Speed blades. Iggy got me to using them to cut puzzles.

When I bought my scroll saw at our Woodcraft the only scroll saw blades they had was an assortment pack. I know that might not be the same for all stores.