Too cold in the garage

Denny Knappen

We are in Texas where it is suppose to be warm, well I woke up to 26 degrees, RJ

As a Navy flight instructor in Corpus Christi, I remember walking into the squadron to suit up and brief the flight with the students then walk outside to preflight the airplane to discover that a "blue norther" had blown through dropping the temperatures by 30 degrees with 20mph winds.  Sweatin' to shakin' in 30 minutes!

Anyone want to swap It's forecast to be 40C today or 104F& its 80F in my workshop already at 8.00 am.Nearly time to switch the air conditioner on.

Maybe we are the ones for a swap - my garage shop doesn't need an air-conditioner in the summer - but it does need a full-time furnace for the winter months - last night's temperature was warmer than the historical average for this time of year - just minus 31C (minus 24F). I keep the garage at 12C overnight and "fire it up" to 18C for working.  The furnace is a small ceiling mounted propane unit - in this part of the world it is just part of the cost of a hobby that makes dust - and is not allowed in the house ......

Jay

I'm with Peter.  We are having a heat wave.  Over night it was 84.2F. too hot to sleep.  We have had 5 days between 86F and 100.4F but finally a cool change is coming through.  Have not been able to go in the garage since Christmas Eve but hopefully if the cool weather stays I may get in there this week, even if it is only to clean up. ;)

Marg

Anyone want to swap It's forecast to be 40C today or 104F& its 80F in my workshop already at 8.00 am.Nearly time to switch the air conditioner on.

Heppner was 5 degrees this morning but warmed up to 14 degrees this afternoon. I went out and fed the horses and the cats but that was about the total of my outside strolling for today. We had 6 deer in out front yard, about 15 feet from our front room window, busy trimming our bushes,as they often do when snow covers all their food, like it has for about a week now.. and the reservoir below the house is frozen over, so I hope they have found the horses water that has a floating heater in it so it does not ice over.  I will most likely fire up my little wood stove in my shop tomorrow as I have two plaques that need to be made due to a friend who's mother was found dead this morning.  My shop will go from 10 degrees to 70 degrees in about  a half hour and then it is nice and cozy with a dab of wood every so often. I am a really lucky scroller with an independent shop that has an air conditioner for the summer and a stove for the winter... HAPPY SCROLLING  to those that can do that this time of the year

Dick

heppnerguy

So happy I put my shop in the basement.  Took some effort to seal it from dust escaping, but while I was at it, I added insulation to sound proof it.  Wife can barely hear the machines running while she is in the kitchen above me.  And its so quiet, I can scroll, Sand, and run my dust collector and Air filtration while she sleeps on the second floor.  Any dust that escapes, is on my person when I leave the shop, and I make it a habit to use insure that I get 90% of that off of me.  Been cold here in Michigan, (in the single digits) for the last week or so.