looking for ideas

Mr Trippy

Mr. Tippy,

If you are making a stand (as opposed to a bench) I'd make it with three legs as this should guarantee a stable surface. I'd make the table heavy and bolt the saw to the stand. I guess if you keep the fridge full, that would also be enough weight. :D A blade holder is definitely a must. I take it the box fan is for dust removal. Another great idea. If you mount the fan to the stand, make it easily removable incase your work is large and hits the fan. Also, if your eye sight is like mine, a lighted magnifying glass is also a plus. If it wasn't for the mag lamp, my lines would look like the fridge was empty. :rofl: Yeah, all this input is from experience, or lack of. :oops:

And, most important, show some pictures when you get done. :D

Dan

How about mounting some pegboard to the sides. That would be a great place to hang tape, hammer, drill, and other tools. They even make baskets for pegboards which would hold things like spray adhesive and finishing supplies. Make sure to build in a pencil holder of some sort to hold mechanical pencils and Xacto knives.

Now Travis that is not a good idea hmmmmm., because you wood only be able to cut curvy or wavy lines not straight ones :curse:

Sorry Mr Tippy no real answer to your Q.

Merlin

Merlin -

You forgot a couple other items -- Travis could, also, cut fingers and hands as well after a few 'malteds'!

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Mr Trippy...sorry a little late, but check out the bench/enclosure/stand/whatever you want to call it in my gallery

http://www.scrollsawvillage.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=79&pos=1

I have since added a aquarium pump with hose attached to the blower to "help" the weakened on on my saw and a homemade standup lamp that I can focus more on the cutting area....just another idea for ya!

• 3 weeks later...