27 1/4 " Cherry

Fish

It finally warmed up enough to go back to the garage. I finally finished this one, my wife is going to hang it on her wall at work. One of several pieces of Cherry my brother brought me when he came home for Thanksgiving.  He showed me a 3-2-1 finish so that's what I've been using. I like the way it looks when it's dry.  I cut the center 4-5 with a #4 skip tooth, then the rest with a # 3 spiral.  ( don't look to close I haven't used one for awhile. )  The 3-2-1 is 3 parts mineral spirit, 2 part oil base poly and one part BLO.  I don't remember who did the original quote but thank you-

post-7955-0-76007400-1484190013_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fish

Holy smokes Dan, that's an outstanding sign. The natural edge really helps this piece look as good as it does, and the finish doesn't do it any harm either. One question though, and it's about your finish mixture and it's parts. |Are you sure that you use three parts mineral spirits, 2 parts oil based poly finish and finally one part BLO? That's a lot like the mixture that I use for lathe work, but instead, I use one part of each mineral spirits, oil based poly and BLO. It's a concoction that Eddie Castelin has introduced in his wood turning videos, he call it O B Shine juice. How many coats of your mixture does it take, to get a good final finish?

Len

It finally warmed up enough to go back to the garage. I finally finished this one, my wife is going to hang it on her wall at work. One of several pieces of Cherry my brother brought me when he came home for Thanksgiving.  He showed me a 3-2-1 finish so that's what I've been using. I like the way it looks when it's dry.  I cut the center 4-5 with a #4 skip tooth, then the rest with a # 3 spiral.  ( don't look to close I haven't used one for awhile. )  The 3-2-1 is 3 parts mineral spirit, 2 part oil base poly and one part BLO.  I don't remember who did the original quote but thank you-

This ones still smokin coming off the drawing table.Very different wording which hits home very good.Yes at 27" this will be the pride of the wall of fame in your adobe!