A good wood working tip.

hawkeye10

Well I think it's a good tip. This tip isn't my idea so I didn't want y'all to think O was that smart.

Putting the 5" sanding disc on my sander and getting the holes line up is a pain. I like my holes to line up pretty good so it will get as much of the dust sucked up my my shop vac. What I found on the net was to cut two pieces of 3/8" dowel rod about 2" long. Be sure and round one of the ends so the sanding disc will be easy to get started but not the other end. Now insert the two dowels in opposite holes in your sanders pad. I am going to stain or paint my dowels so they will be easier to keep up with. Here is a picture.

afvyp5e.jpg

I know exactly what you mean what a pain. So it's a good idea until you lose the dowels,even more of a pain :oops: . Perhaps you could drill the dowels and wire them together to hang up job sorted.  :thumbs:  :thumbs: Roly

I agree they could be lost or misplaced very easy. Maybe paint them a bright color like red, yellow, or blue.

Well I think it's a good tip. This tip isn't my idea so I didn't want y'all to think O was that smart.

Putting the 5" sanding disc on my sander and getting the holes line up is a pain. I like my holes to line up pretty good so it will get as much of the dust sucked up my my shop vac. What I found on the net was to cut two pieces of 3/8" dowel rod about 2" long. Be sure and round one of the ends so the sanding disc will be easy to get started but not the other end. Now insert the two dowels in opposite holes in your sanders pad. I am going to stain or paint my dowels so they will be easier to keep up with. Here is a picture.

afvyp5e.jpg

Very good time saving idea !